Even under Prides scoring, Jones won.

PalmStrike

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
They scored the entire fight as a whole instead of round by round and IMO, that's a better way to judge an MMA fight.

Either that or they need to change to 10, 3 minute rounds.

As a whole, who hurt who?

Reyes hit Jones more and harder, rocking him on a couple occasions, dropped him once, and had Jones literally turning his back and fleeing.

But please, go on.

True, if you win the last 10 minutes of any fight, you won the fight.

Jones won under any scoring criteria.

For your information I had him winning 4-1 on Saturday night.

I'm a JBJ hater.

But GET OVER IT SHERDOG.

I don't understand the point of this thread...wouldn't Pride rules be more beneficial for Jones?

He won the end of the fight, 4-5 very clearly, which was more important in Pride. Everyone seems to be incapable of understanding that each round matters equally...we've been using the 10 point must system for like 20 years guys, fuck!

I'm a JBJ hater.

But GET OVER IT SHERDOG.
It is definitely a conversation worthy fight. Definitely worth rewatching. The more people rewatch the less robbery crying will happen and the more talks that Reyes needed to do more will happen. It was a great razor thin fight and I hate champs being stripped over those

They scored the entire fight as a whole instead of round by round and IMO, that's a better way to judge an MMA fight.

Either that or they need to change to 10, 3 minute rounds.

If a marathon was 100m long, Usain Bolt would be the marathon champion. But its not, so he isn't.

I'm not sure about pride rules, but under UFC rules Reyes won for sure, 3 - 2.

In Pride rules, yes, but in UFC rules no way, Reyes was robbed

Pride fans drag the place down by refusing to move on. In case you didn’t notice, it’s dead and isn’t coming back.

There's nothing wrong with the current rules, round numbers, length and scoring if you have competent officials and judges.
Pride was far from perfect, if you had a good last minute and lost the previous 14 or 19 you could win a fight.

I don't understand the point of this thread...wouldn't Pride rules be more beneficial for Jones?

He won the end of the fight, 4-5 very clearly, which was more important in Pride. Everyone seems to be incapable of understanding that each round matters equally...we've been using the 10 point must system for like 20 years guys, fuck!

Threadstarter is basically saying that Jones won the fight under ANY SCORING CRITERIA. And I agree with him.

Reyes hit Jones more and harder, rocking him on a couple occasions, dropped him once, and had Jones literally turning his back and fleeing.

But please, go on.
No knock downs in Jones Reyes. Jones was off balance and Reyes landed a kick to the chest, he obviously went down but it wasn't actually ruled a knock down.

No knock downs in Jones Reyes. Jones was off balance and Reyes landed a kick to the chest, he obviously went down but it wasn't actually ruled a knock down.
I said he dropped him, never said it was a "knock down", and no matter the circumstances, reyes hit Jones and jones butt hit the canvas. Looks bad regardless.

Pride fans drag the place down by refusing to move on. In case you didn’t notice, it’s dead and isn’t coming back.

ec1.png

Back