Even in Brazil, Bisping gets more love than Belfort LOLz

like all popular fighters (except maybe Randy & Hendo), many really, really love Vitor and many really, really don't.

very few are middle ground.

why would Vitor be any different?

not to mention, he aligned himself with a futbol team, so anyone who is a fan of that team's nemesis team will now hate him.

with the way people in brazil favor their own I find it hard to believe that the majority will be cheering for bisping

Yeah, it's odd... Anderson and Vitor are the most popular fighters in Brazil, but both seem to have as many haters as they have fans.

i would suggest that you could say the same thing about every fighter (except Randy & Hendo).

GSP? Jones? Shogun? BJ? Brock? the more famous, the more the uber-fans AND the uber-detractors come out.

i would suggest that you could say the same thing about every fighter (except Randy & Hendo).

GSP? Jones? Shogun? BJ? Brock? the more famous, the more the uber-fans AND the uber-detractors come out.

I sort of agree but I don't see many GSP or Shogun haters to be honest. Sure, GSP's style doesn't excite everybody, but he doesn't seem to get actual hate for it. And Shogun's fans are a pain sometimes, but the fighter himself is a different story.

Same goes for Nog, Wand, Chuck...

We can't take Sherdog into account. Sherdog hates every single fighter on the planet.

I sort of agree but I don't see many GSP or Shogun haters to be honest. Sure, GSP's style doesn't excite everybody, but he doesn't seem to get actual hate for it. And Shogun's fans are a pain sometimes, but the fighter himself is a different story.

Same goes for Nog, Wand, Chuck...

We can't take Sherdog into account. Sherdog hates every single fighter on the planet.

i could have used a better word maybe.

just because 40 or 60 guys are watching Michael shadowbox doesn't mean they 'hate' Vitor either.

plenty of folks think Shogun is a mediocre fighter because he's 5-5 in the UFC. i guess they're not haters, no, but they sure are letting something get in the way of common sense.

so exchange "hate" with "not love" and i think my point still stands.

Nobody stands Vitor Belfort
He's one of the most hated fighters by brazilian MMA fans
Him and Anderson Silva

That doesn't change the fact that people will cheer hard for him come fight time... You guys don't even get it why, I see.

I don't like either, but if I was in attendance of either of their fights, I would feel VERY awkward at not participating of the whole party or even worse, loudly cheering AGAINST the brazilian guy...

I'm rooting for Bisping, for sure. I don't like Vitor and I like Mike, pretty simple

Nobody stands Vitor Belfort
He's one of the most hated fighters by brazilian MMA fans
Him and Anderson Silva

That doesn't change the fact that people will cheer hard for him come fight time... You guys don't even get it why, I see.

I don't like either, but if I was in attendance of either of their fights, I would feel VERY awkward at not participating of the whole party or even worse, loudly cheering AGAINST the brazilian guy...

interesting lol i always enjoy learning the subtle differences in culture between US and Brazil on these forums

and just because:

:)

Dunno how any of that means he got more love from fans than Vitor did. From the pics I saw and the vids I watched, Vitor received, at the very least, the same amount of support.

If Vitor somehow ends up getting shit from the crowd it will probably be a SP x RJ thing, which is dumb.

Vitor gets hate here because he does not fit in the "i came from i poor family and i lived in a favela so i deserve love and you don't" model....
so is not quite hate is more jealousy, they mad because he is not from poor background, made a lot money, was on a reality show and married a woman that every man that was a teenager in the 90's fapped to...

Last edited:
Vitor gets hate here because he does not fit in the "i came from i poor family and i lived in a favela so i deserve love and you don't" model....

Noooooo that's not it, c'mon...
obviously when the guy has humble beginnings and had to go through many obstacles to be where he is, people will have more sympathy for him... That's true here, that's true in the USA as well

Does anyone hates Demian Maia? Daniel Sarafian? Fabricio Werdum? Lyoto Machida?
Any of the Gracie's?

Vitor is "hated" because he says a lot of BS, he tries to pose as something that he isn't and long time fans can tell that, just like Anderson's.

are you kidding me? belfort is loved on brazil, no one cares about bisping
jus because some guys were happy to see a ufc fighter for the first time in his life doesnt mean bisping wont face a hostile crowd against belfort

there are some stupid brazilians here...

you guys are confusing hardcore brazilian mma fans that hate vitor, anderson or whatever, and the guys that are part of 99% of a UFC event crowd

trust me, vitor will be supported and bisping booed

They choose to hate a nice guy and threaten Franklin with death, but they like arguably the most hated guy in all of MMA?

Most of Brazillian MMA fans who don't live in Rio de Janeiro don't like Vitor.

Even in Rio he gets mixed feelings.

Most people who "support" him are not much into MMA, but cheer for him only cuz he's from Brazil, like they'd do in any other sport.

They choose to hate a nice guy and threaten Franklin with death, but they like arguably the most hated guy in all of MMA?

nobody threatened to kill Rich Franklin. my mother will chant "uh, vai morre" at me if I'm playing video-game with her. it's kinda cute.

and Vitor is much more polarizing than other brazilian fighters. that's it I nailed it.

Back