Even if Nate wins, would Conor's hype train really be derailed?

Horse Style

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Let's say Nate finds a way to win. It's a loss for Conor, but he doesn't lose his belt and I think people will still want to see how a match between he and RDA goes down. I don't know if Conor would be granted a shot at RDA right after or if he'd have to take a fight in between. Regardless, I still think his hype train runs on and he won't suffer the type of backlash that Ronda faced (let's face it, the guy is exciting to watch).

If Nate does win, I know this forum would erupt but after the initial shock dies down, I bet most would still want to see him fight for the lightweight belt to see if he can indeed become a 2-division champion.

Nate-Diaz-McGregor-Head-Ninja-Sht.jpg

Yes

If it winds up being an all out war, even in losing, McG will still be one of the UFC's hugest draws.

it would completely derail it. losing to a guy training on a 3 day camp, who's not even top 5 and whose style plays right into his hands.

No if he can't beat a gate keeper on short notice then he doesnt deserve to fight for the title. He can finally go back to FW and defend his belt like he should have been doing all along.

No way in hell he gets a shot at RDA in the ultra competitive and clogged 155 div if he loses to a short notice, out of shape Nate Diaz.

The whole 2 division champ scenario would be out on hold for at least a couple fights.

No I don't think it will. Conor is stepping up 25 pounds to please fans that already bought a ticket to see him fight, so I'll think most fans will forgive him.

itll be derailed if he beats him like he beat MJ

Back