Even Fedor haters have to admit that his decline was logical

I remember in the second fight, at some point it was clear that Anderson had to land more leg kicks, and we saw how it ended...

Haha, yeah that was unfortunate, but hey props to Weidman for checking the kick in the 2nd fight:)

You can't tell me with a straight face, that you would be surprised if Anderson won either fight:)

i watched fight several times. Tell me what Anderson had for Weidman in that first round. Answer: not much at all.

And Weidman checked that leg kick. And when a kick is checked, the chance is always there that the leg gets broken. Checking a kick isn't luck. That takes some skill.

Anderson lost to a better fighter. I accept that.

You need to accept Fedor's losses that he wasn't the better fighter that night.

You'll feel better rather than bitter when you do.

Fedor absolutely deserved to lose, but not because he wasn't capable of winning.

I accept the losses and am dissapointed with Fedor's performances in those fights.

He was not the better fighter on the night of the fight, but saying that he lost because he fought better competition is a totally different thing.

Anderson could have won too.

The first fight especially.

I can accept a loss, but I can't accept how people use a loss to discredit an entire career.

To me Anderson>Weidman and it's going to take a lot of work for Weidman to change my mind.

Anderson took Weidmans best gnp and wrestling attacks in birth fights and was fine. Weidman can't finish Anderson on the ground and gasses after a round of it. Both fights ended on the feet under strange circumstances.

Checking a kick and having a leg break as a result is the last thing that indicates who the better fighter is. I guess Coleman was the better fighter than Shogun that night.

To me, both wins are legit.

Both fighters got injured because of Weidman's and Coleman's actions.

Sylvia lost to Mir by a bone break too.

It happens.

Just another worthless thread from a narcissistic douchebag who can't even get his thread title right. Fedor haters already saw his logical decline, his annoying nuthuggers can't seem to accept the truth instead. The supposed "Proof" in this thread is all you need to see how far this clown goes to jackoff in front of everybody.

That's a cool photo of some retarded kid running down the beach with his balloon though, very Bethe Correirra-esque.

Your posting style has gotten so bitchy, defensive, and repetitive lately... it's a logical decline.

brendan_fraser_laugh.gif

perfect

Look at the Coleman/Shogun rematch. If Coleman didn't gas from being an old man, he would have won.

Coleman's win is labeled as a fluke?:)

I guess those people don't know just how crazy Coleman's wrestling was.

so Fedor dropped off at the end of his career and got finished by a few average fighters,

You just called a perennial top10 hw, the current HW champ and a pride multiweight champ "average" :rolleyes:

I dont care for religion at all,and wasnt happy when Fedor became religious all of a sudden,but I accept his decision,and honestly,i dont really think it came into play as the reason for his decline...but its hard to really know for sure.

I know for sure.

He used to spend most of his time on MMA and even missed a lot of family time because of that.

Then he added his obsession with religion.

The thing that took the hit was his MMA time.

Arlovski, Mir and Werdum are in their late 30's too. I think hws can leave their physical prime but it compensates with experience and it goes well for them because they mostly rely on power and technique more than speed/athelicism like lighter weight classes. And as we know, those are things that won't leave as fast as speed and reflexes.
If you lose speed at any weightclass below lhw, you area in for a long night.

Everyone gets burnt out after doing the same thing for years and years. He needed a sabbatical to get his mind and body back in the fighting spirit. He's gonna come back and wreck shop for sure.
If AA, Hunt, and Mir (not to mention Rothwell and Barnett) are in the top 10 HW rankings I have no reason to believe that Fedor can't crack the top 5 if he comes back focused. Even the crappy "winging punches until one of us falls down" version of Fedor could break the top 15 in the world. Any version of Fedor could beat the Stuve's and Mitrione's of the world.

Well constructed.

Atheists getting pissed about people believing in a God has always confused me. Do people hate kids for believing in the Easter bunny? Do people hate people for being democrats or republicans? Yet, Atheists hate people for which they disagree. Seems like they have a strong belief system in atheism which makes it a religion. Otherwise, be an atheist and shut up about what other people do because in the end, your hatred of people who believe in a God makes the ignorance belong to the bigoted atheist. Atheists focus on the ancient symbolism rather than the actual impact on a person. Fedor is at peace and im not sore people who hate believers have that.

When training with a belief in God, it is a mentally centering activity. God is a connection to oneself. Before you train, you connect to your God which at its core is a connection to your own spirit. Having a connection to God is like having someone with you on a hard journey and they are always helping you see the good path, believe in your passion and fight. That has been my experience and it is what I see in other people. THrough my connection to God, I have done great things because it is a practice of focusing on the best and letting go of things that don't matter like some of the bigoted atheists.

I had a great friend who was an atheist and he had NO interest in what other peoples beliefs were. He was not a theological atheist like the people who hate primarily Christianity. If Fedor made choices or lost commitment to fighting it was not a factor of his belief in a God but more something around him that soured him and made him make a choice. The MMA game is full of scumbags and at some point, he did not need to acomplish more in a world where he was forced to deal with promoters and lesser men. THis would be enough to not care about the business.

I know a guy who knows Fedor through SAMBO 7 and he loves fighting and his team but he hates the crap in the business. $20K for an appearance and he is booked. He is making plenty of money from personal appearances so he does not need money.

I'm agnostic.

Excuse me for finding blind faith lazy and bad.

BTW, kids believing in Santa is wrong, no matter how happy it makes them, because it's a lie. I rather know the truth than live in a lie.

Example:

There is a door with a peeping hole.

On one side of the door is a robber with a gun who says that he is a book salesman.

On the other side there is a religious person, who will believe the guy that he is a book selesman without looking trough the peephole.

An atheist, who won't believe him without looking trough the peephole.

Me/agnostic, will use the peephole.

It's simple to me.

Last edited:
BTW, kids believing in Santa is wrong, no matter how happy it makes them, because it's a lie. I rather know the truth than live in a lie.

Yeah. Let's hear you saying to your 3 year old kid: "you look like shit, you can't even speak properly, and the way you walk? Are you gay or something, cuz that's not the way real people walk, btw, Santa doesn't exist, take that, asshole, it's the truth, in your face!"

yes he was..watch it. He was looking for oppurtunities when aa threw kicks. He just didnt make it look obvious...and AA wasnt giving him trouble until the very end imo.

AA tried to take Fedor down, but Fedor defended. I didn't see Fedor actively pursue a TD.

Just another worthless thread from a narcissistic douchebag who can't even get his thread title right. Fedor haters already saw his logical decline, his annoying nuthuggers can't seem to accept the truth instead. The supposed "Proof" in this thread is all you need to see how far this clown goes to jackoff in front of everybody.

That's a cool photo of some retarded kid running down the beach with his balloon though, very Bethe Correirra-esque.

Your posting style has gotten so bitchy, defensive, and repetitive lately... it's a logical decline.

75a9e59156df70dc52031318969214ab.gif

When his every other word became God, I KNEW that he was f*cked.

Religious fanatics piss me off.

Fedor started to piss me off.

And I don't like it that my favorite MMA fighter has become a f*cking puppet.

There are more religious champions than non-believers.

Even if you don't believe in God you should at least recognize that for most fighters it helps them achieve greatness.

Your atheism prevents you from achieving greatness which makes Fedor sad twice.

What are you on about? The whole Zuffa zombies thing is just a made up thing that people who can't get over the fact that Pride is gone. I was a huge huge WEC fan, you don't see me everyday on Sherdog talking about how Zuffa zombies don't respect WEC. I don't know a single person on here that didn't enjoy Pride, it was great. (also not here to talk about Basketball, it's an MMA forum... you don't see me bringing up how Paul Scholes in underrated do you?)

I just don't understand why you have to be so fixated in talking about a legend that no longer fights. I don't see threads about Couture, Bas, Nog and other legends everyday... so Fedor dropped off at the end of his career and got finished by a few average fighters, doesn't mean before that he wasn't great. Even the best fighters lose.

Also, as your mentioning Aldo he has been undefeated for 9 years and also has been beating the best competitors at his weight for the last 6 years. I'd even say he has more wins over top guys than Fedor.

Denying ZUFFA's smear campaign won't work on me.

I have a good memory about these things:)

Aldo is a FW GOAT.

I really don't feel too impressed by his competition which would need a day job, if there were no weight classes.

BTW. There should be a thread to honor a fighter's career on Sherdog every day.

I can't believe you have a problem with that. It's not like there is anything interesting to discuss on Sherdog daily.

Without my threads, I hear crickets here.

AA tried to take Fedor down, but Fedor defended. I didn't see Fedor actively pursue a TD.

he was trying to catch arlovskis leg off the kick to take him down,but gave it up after a few tries. It was reactionary but it may well have been part of his intention if it the oppurtunity was there.

Arlovski, Mir and Werdum are in their late 30's too. I think hws can leave their physical prime but it compensates with experience and it goes well for them because they mostly rely on power and technique more than speed/athelicism like lighter weight classes. And as we know, those are things that won't leave as fast as speed and reflexes.
If you lose speed at any weightclass below lhw, you area in for a long night.

When you are a big HW yeah, but when you rely on your speed/power combo a lot, like Fedor (a small HW) did, then it's a big hit when the speed is not there anymore.

Back