Even Dariush was surprised at the decision *gif*

It is what it is.

Fact is that it hasn't dropped MJ's ranking and won't be treated as a loss by the UFC. 100% of media outlets and 90% fan agreement says plenty.

I thought it was a clear as day 29-28 for Johnson and so did Dariush. I think the simple solution is to match up BD with Al Iaquinta and MJ with Jorge Masvidal.

Dariush easy 30-27. Landed the crisper, cleaner shots. Johnson had no answer for the leg kicks.

I hope no-one holds any ill feelings towards BD. He's a class-act, and he doesn't deserve the whole "I hope he gets KO'd because of that decision" stuff. I mean, he walks out singing to "Rock With You", for crying out loud!

Move on. It has passed. Get over it.

If MJ wanted the win so badly he wouldn't have shit the bed in the third round. It was one round each with one of the rounds up to interpretation (I gave it 2-1 MJ but i can see 2-1 BD) and the guy who finished strong at the end got the nod.

Finish strong at the end. All these guys ever talk about is being warriors and conquistadors and this and that and then their fans come out and whinge about this guy landed 8 more punches to the ribs and this guy got more punches to the left cheek in the beginning of the fight.. who cares.

Fighters who are content to coast or are unable to do anything at the end but get whipped at the end don't deserve to win over a guy who is winning the fight decisively in the final 33% of the time. The natural progression would be that he would continue to win and the 33% would increase in rounds 4-5-6-7-etc.. Yeah that's not how 10 point shit system works but whatever, it is an archaic system that needs modifying.

In close fights like this, the guy who finishes strong at the end should get the win or at the very least, the fans should stop whining for a guy who did nothing at the end because they came to win points and not win a fight.

Thank god youre not a judge

this is not a new thing in mma.

I'm surprised people still get shocked at these things.

I think it is like those people who live near Volcanoes. They always seem so surprised when it erupts.

That was so terrible. Not sure how this still happens...

Fucking mooks obviously, you didnt see mj shake his head halfway through them reading the scores, he knew he lost that shit wasabi and all the lays for butter

He's just surprised the judges got it right for once. If you watch closely and ignore Kenflo, a lot of Michael Menace's punches wiffed. He tried the old "Diego Sanchez move forward and look busy with air punches" routine and it didn't work on these judges.

Except MJ outlanded Dariush in rounds 1-2, not to mention controlled the octagon.

Except MJ outlanded Dariush in rounds 1-2, not to mention controlled the octagon.

Octagon control is vastly overrated. Lots of fighters are counter-strikers so they will move backwards and that necessitates giving up control of the center of the ring.

Was positive MJ won the first 2 rounds.

Dariush was a total class act while talking to Anik. Gave MJ a ton of respect and even admitted that he would have understood if the judges gave it to MJ. Cool dude.

MJ not so classy in defeat. Lose like a man so you can win like one. I didn't come up with that. Don't remember where I heard it but there's a lot of wisdom in it.

MJ not so classy in defeat. Lose like a man so you can win like one. I didn't come up with that. Don't remember where I heard it but there's a lot of wisdom in it.
Ross Pearson clapped for Diego when their decision was announced IIRC. Really impressed me that he could take that shit on the chin and deal with it with class.

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a real loser...

iYSQLViWMOalC.gif

Being classy doesn't mean you take every single thing in stride.

Back