Even cruz was surprised he beat tj

I loved that fight, I know most people called it boring on here at the time but I enjoyed it a lot. That was some slick defense by Dom. Correct decision aswell.

Who remembers the surprised look on cruz's face when buffer announced him winning the fight against tj...i do.
Cruz should go earn his shot...
Tj vs Marlon

Charles Bukowski: "The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

This is why Cruz was surprised, while TJ was sure he will win.

He was surprised because the first scorecard read 48-47 Cruz, then the second read 49-46 Dillashaw, 4-1 for TJ?? No way, I could see why he was worried about the judging, his face only showed worry at that point. Then the third card read 49-46 and TJ was smiling and lifting his arm already, but it was AND NEW, so it wasn't surprise like he thought he lost, that scorecard reading was just intense. As a matter of fact, it's probably my favourite decision reading lol.

49-46 Cruz was also a way more appropriate score than 49-46 Dillashaw.

Not sure what you mean by the Rampage thing. Rampage really was surprised and went to Ninja and his corner and told them, "You should have won that fight."

Point was,you can't expect someone that just got into a fight and was in the heat of battle to have a perfect understanding of how the fight should have been scored.Is that hard to understand?It was forever ago but I remember thinking it was close but Rampage won but everyone went full retard calling it one of the worst robberies of all time just because Rampage was surprised or simply giving Ninja a bunch of respect and being nice which I remember was what it felt like.I'd have to watch it again as it was a long time ago but I remember thinking it was more of a respect thing than him feeling like he genuinely lost and everyone flipped out over nothing.

Sorry for the run on I don't feel like editing.

Not a Cruz fanboy, hated him for years. I was a big fan of Faber.

Still beat TJ in his prime while coming off a horrible injury.
oh you're clinging to that. after this fight dillashaw has beaten lineker, assunção and cody twice. cruz beat him and then lost to cruz, embarrassingly. dillashaw can be called the BW GOAT, I believe. but ok, when they finally rematch (IF they do, since cruz is so injury prone), dillashaw will emerge victorious

Point was,you can't expect someone that just got into a fight and was in the heat of battle to have a perfect understanding of how the fight should have been scored.Is that hard to understand?It was forever ago but I remember thinking it was close but Rampage won but everyone went full retard calling it one of the worst robberies of all time just because Rampage was surprised or simply giving Ninja a bunch of respect and being nice which I remember was what it felt like.I'd have to watch it again as it was a long time ago but I remember thinking it was more of a respect thing than him feeling like he genuinely lost and everyone flipped out over nothing.

Sorry for the run on I don't feel like editing.
rampage did that at least twice, this time and then against lyoto. don't think it's a gimmick

Cruz landed more head strikes. TJ landed more leg kicks. That's the story of the fight.
Head strikes always win.

Also TJ fell down from his own kicks a lot -> looks bad
And his face was busted up a lot more - > looks bad

It's funny how the sheople come out of the wood following TJ as soon as he won, as they are followers.
I remember the fight going differently. TJ landed the better combos while Dom did his stick-and-move jab routine. Both had reasonable success, but the strike rate was pretty even, maybe in TJ's favour.

TJ pressed the action more, and that should have got him the win IMO. Not the biggest robbery in history, but that fight showed us how Cruz can't get going when someone peppers him with combos.

Back