Evasion/Dodge Drills

mannymma

White Belt
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on any dodging/evading, slipping etc. drills they wanted to share. I haven't got the best head movement out there but its not the worst either. Just wondering if anyone had any tips or ideas that could help me improve?
Thanks

a slip bag, there was a video posted here yesterday on how to make a homemade one.. make one

OR you could just practice having someone punch or kick at you while you practice your skill in it's natural environment against the actual threat.

I made a slip bag and I'm not all that blown away by it. I'd just drop 30 bucks and buy a double end bag b/c its way faster and funner than the slip bag.

Yeah, double-end bags are awesome for that. Or have a partner throw jabs and 1-2s at you (but make sure he punches straight at your head, so you HAVE to move).

The ball throwing trick is something I used to do with my guys back when I was in the military over ten years ago...we'd go into the racquetball court and have someone smack it while the one on the wall would have to evade.

It's funny how they say in the vid "it's something he and I developed...." when it's been done by others for many years.

Double end bag, the ball thrown by your head against the wall or have them swing those foam swimming noodles at you and you slip/dodge them plus always just working with a partner throwing fists at you obviously....

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a punch. If you can dodge traffic, you can dodge a punch.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a punch. If you can dodge traffic, you can dodge a punch.

So you suggest playing Chicken or human frogger :icon_twis

Back