European Championships Grappling 10 December 2005

Dutch MMA fan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I visit this site regularly but I haven't seen any threads on the European Championships Grappling that will take place 10 December 2005 in Ede, The Netherlands.

I'm wondering if any European based 'sherdoggers' wil be participating?

I'm participating too. This will be my first grappling competition and I compete at the beginners -83 kg (185 lbs give or take)

For more info
http://www.ironlife.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1069912
www.yoseikan.nl (if you can read Dutch, or just want to see the flyer :wink: )

I actually never heard of this competition.. but I have been out from the circle for some months now..

I know that the european BJJ championship is somwere in january, in Portugal

I never heard of it too untill two weeks ago! Seems it's the first time ever it is being held. Quite nice it's so close from where I live.

As it is the first EC, I was just wondering how many competitors from outside The Netherlands would compete, as I know a lot of Dutch will. For example Allistair Overeem will probably compete as will Gilbert Yvel and other Dutch pro MMA fighters. I guess they did not advertise it enough as not many people responded to this thread.

Would be nice just to see it, but you are a bit far away to bike down here just to watch :D

Thx man! As it is my first grappling competition, I'm not expecting too much from myself to avoid being very dissapointed. But ofcourse I'll do the best I can. I'm looking to do the anaconda choke, hope I manage to do so :wink:

dont focus too much on going for one certain technique, it could back fire, take waht comes to you

good luck

Is this the army one or is this another one because we have a big grappling tournament coming in december Im in germany right now.

jludley said:
Is this the army one or is this another one because we have a big grappling tournament coming in december Im in germany right now.

No this is not the army one. When is that one being held then and where? If it's not too far away I'd like to go and watch. Anyway good luck!

guardpasser said:
dont focus too much on going for one certain technique, it could back fire, take waht comes to you

good luck

Thanks for the advice! You're right, I shouldn't. The reason I said this is that I'm not very good at wrestling (I know bad bad) and my takedowns are not so strong yet. I'm better at defending them and when defending somebody's double or single leg takedown I quite often manage to do the anaconda.

But for the rest I just look to go with the flow.

Very nice. I wish I had heard about it sooner. I would love to compete in something like that.

Back