Euro grappling trip: Berlin, Prague, Barcelona, Marseille, ???

beeran1

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I'll be heading to Europe for a bit this summer and wanted to do some BJJ while there. Destinations listed in the subject line; any recommendations?

Won't have a car for any of the trip, so public transport will be my main way around. I'll be staying in Prenzlauer Berg in Berlin. Close to the city center in Barca. Close to the main train station in Prague. Near the coast in Marseille (?). And one other TBD city. Thanks.

Prenzlauer Berg: Next district is Wedding. Hilti BJJ IMAG Berlin is located at Oudenarder Str.16, which is probably 5 stations with the Tram.
www.jkdberlin.de is the webpage.

Hey y'all,

I'll be heading to Europe for a bit this summer and wanted to do some BJJ while there. Destinations listed in the subject line; any recommendations?

Won't have a car for any of the trip, so public transport will be my main way around. I'll be staying in Prenzlauer Berg in Berlin. Close to the city center in Barca. Close to the main train station in Prague. Near the coast in Marseille (?). And one other TBD city. Thanks.

Robin Gracie teaches here in Barcelona. It's the oldest school in spain, I think, so it's probably the one with most black belts rolling on a normal day...

On another subject..Why do people call Barcelona Barca? Here we call it either Barcelona or BarNa, but most of people from outside the city call it Barca and I never understood why.... Just curious, not that I really care about how you call a city. (Of course I'm assuming you DO mean Barcelona...)

Re: "Barca" - my buddy who lived there for a couple of years calls it that, guess it rubbed off. Thanks for the replies.

I don't have room in my luggage for a gi; are places over there usually cool with renting/loaning them out? I'll bring a rashguard and board shorts if I can find a no-gi drop in as well.

What's a TBD city? Also London? Roger Gracie Academy plus quite a few others

If you're into euro grappling trip and not grappling while on euro trip I'd drop by Poland. For instance you could visit Cracow, it's a great tourism hub and it's near Prague, also the BJJ there is really good.

The places we are going are set in stone at this point. I'll be lucky to get a couple of sessions in.

Robin Gracie teaches here in Barcelona. It's the oldest school in spain, I think, so it's probably the one with most black belts rolling on a normal day...

On another subject..Why do people call Barcelona Barca? Here we call it either Barcelona or BarNa, but most of people from outside the city call it Barca and I never understood why.... Just curious, not that I really care about how you call a city. (Of course I'm assuming you DO mean Barcelona...)

My guess is that Barca comes from the football team fc barcelona. Most people around the world, and AFAIK in spain as well, refer to fcb as barca. Never heard anyone call the city itself barca though

Re: "Barca" - my buddy who lived there for a couple of years calls it that, guess it rubbed off. Thanks for the replies.

I don't have room in my luggage for a gi; are places over there usually cool with renting/loaning them out? I'll bring a rashguard and board shorts if I can find a no-gi drop in as well.

We lent Gis for free, No Gi is also always welcome, have a Gi and a No Gi classe at least daily.

Awesome. I'll plan to drop in somewhere in Berlin for sure. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back