Eugenics And The Billionaires Huge Investment In Living Forever

I would like to live 1000 years, because i want to see the technological potential of man.

I just want to know if we will be able to go into space, or we will perish in this planet, once knowing that i would die no problem.

*insertmonicapicturehere*

I think our very nature is programmed to end at a certain stage. Much of life is beautiful for all the firsts you experience and the adventure of choosing a path and taking it over your lifetime. The problem when we get older is we usually are set in our ways and don't bring anything new to the table. I think a world with the majority of people with an 80+ mind would be awful for our race. It's the constant flow of enthusiastic young minds that keep things moving until they no longer can come up with new ideas/thoughts because their mind becomes closed.

I've seen that on a show Ancient Aliens and they are getting pretty far but it's going to take much longer with just organ replication. Trust me every effort will be stopped due to our education and incorrect thinking in trying to expand . There are already natural barriers which won't allow us to live an extended or natural life span which I hear is much longer than ours. Due to many wars our time went from 40 hour days to our current 24 thus lessening dynamically of a normal life of 300 years. Blame it on the rain of fire humanity likes to showboat with for our current dilemma. Unless there is an astronomical shift of thought and efficiency we aren't going nowhere no matter how many billions and trillions they pump into it. Those that want to live long are of a greedy variety you should naturally only want to live forever or longer if you excel as a society as a whole not parts.

Did wars change Earth's rotation speed around its axis?

I've always wondered if there isn't some way to program cancer to regenerate your cells in a positive way

I've seen that on a show Ancient Aliens and they are getting pretty far but it's going to take much longer with just organ replication. Trust me every effort will be stopped due to our education and incorrect thinking in trying to expand . There are already natural barriers which won't allow us to live an extended or natural life span which I hear is much longer than ours. Due to many wars our time went from 40 hour days to our current 24 thus lessening dynamically of a normal life of 300 years. Blame it on the rain of fire humanity likes to showboat with for our current dilemma. Unless there is an astronomical shift of thought and efficiency we aren't going nowhere no matter how many billions and trillions they pump into it. Those that want to live long are of a greedy variety you should naturally only want to live forever or longer if you excel as a society as a whole not parts.

Wow. None of this makes any sense at all.

I just heard someone talk about this and Silicon Valley Billionaires are investing huge sums "Many billions" into living forever or for hundreds of years more. Its kinda scary because this guy who I was hearing also believes that they want to reduce the world wide population.

The idea is to essentially make room for the people living a lot longer if not forever. This is some scary talk they essentially believe that much of the manufacturing and farming will be automated and that the people who do needed but technically limited work will not be needed. That many areas of the world is overpopulated and creating strains on the system and need to reduced if not eliminated.

This guy is not some pie in the sky guy he has a legit background in research and believes many of these goals could happen sooner then people think. Normally I would write this off as some crazy CTer who thinks the government is out to get him. But he pointed out people like Bloomberg, Buffett and many other billionaires have spent over a billion dollars on setting up health clinics to perform abortions and teach people how to use condoms around the world. He also talked about people like Larry Ellison, Peter Thiel and other powerful technology brokers really believe that this is a goal within reach.

Ok time to take your tinfoil hat off now! :)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/national/2015/04/04/tech-titans-latest-project-defy-death/

EDIT: I am actually surprised not more people are freaked out about this stuff.

Those health clinics have saved way more lives than they have aborted. They're not just "abortion clinics", they're hospitals. They also perform vaccinations that have saved millions of lives. And teaching people to use condoms is bad? Have you ever used a condom? I didn't know that allowing people to choose when they are ready to start a family was part of an evil billionaire conspiracy.

image.jpg

Those health clinics have saved way more lives than they have aborted. They're not just "abortion clinics", they're hospitals. They also perform vaccinations that have saved millions of lives. And teaching people to use condoms is bad? Have you ever used a condom? I didn't know that allowing people to choose when they are ready to start a family was part of an evil billionaire conspiracy.

I do not hate on their reasoning for teaching these needed items all over the world. But these clinics could also be used to effectively reduce the population of many areas. Not saying that may be such a bad thing but these are the ways that people like Buffett and others have openly talked about strains overtime in controlling populations. Buffett has been a long time member of the idea that the world is heading to a food crisis.

I've always wondered if there isn't some way to program cancer to regenerate your cells in a positive way

Stem cells development is getting more in depth, maybe thats the road that will do this.

Research to live longer is quite far along AFAIK. They've been researching this jellyfish that seemingly is immortal, research into slowing or reversing the shortening of telomeres (sp?), stem cell research, etc.

Whether or not this makes it to the proletariat is an interesting question but I certainly believe that the extremely wealthy are far closer than they'll admit to extending their lives significantly.

I'm not particularly about world populations, all of the research seems to indicate that as infant mortality rates decrease, so do birth rates. So one of the most efficient ways to reduce world populations is, paradoxically, to ensure that a greater percentage of children live to adulthood.

All of this is superficially ok with me. Automation and AI are reducing the need for a large global population and we'll gradually reduce accordingly.

I'm picking up smoking again if they manage to make a lung

Research to live longer is quite far along AFAIK. They've been researching this jellyfish that seemingly is immortal, research into slowing or reversing the shortening of telomeres (sp?), stem cell research, etc.

Whether or not this makes it to the proletariat is an interesting question but I certainly believe that the extremely wealthy are far closer than they'll admit to extending their lives significantly.

I'm not particularly about world populations, all of the research seems to indicate that as infant mortality rates decrease, so do birth rates. So one of the most efficient ways to reduce world populations is, paradoxically, to ensure that a greater percentage of children live to adulthood.

All of this is superficially ok with me. Automation and AI are reducing the need for a large global population and we'll gradually reduce accordingly.

Some CTers have pointed to how well Warren Buffett, Henry Kissinger and Queen Elizabeth function even though they are in their 80's and 90's. I heard one guy say that they saw Kissinger do a full sprint when running away from them.

Some CTers have pointed to how well Warren Buffett, Henry Kissinger and Queen Elizabeth function even though they are in their 80's and 90's. I heard one guy say that they saw Kissinger do a full sprint when running away from them.

Well, that's because of this...

terminator_4.jpg

I love threads like these. Reaffirms my choice to be an automation tech. I will gladly join the NWO.

In 1985 I wrote a short story about the last programming job on earth and the guy doing it. He was writing a program to write future programs. Essentially a group of ultra wealthy people, the only ones with money because every other job had been automated hired him to write the program. He didn't want to because he was essentially replacing himself but he had a family to feed.

My point is, what makes you think your job can't be automated?

In 1985 I wrote a short story about the last programming job on earth and the guy doing it. He was writing a program to write future programs. Essentially a group of ultra wealthy people, the only ones with money because every other job had been automated hired him to write the program. He didn't want to because he was essentially replacing himself but he had a family to feed.

My point is, what makes you think your job can't be automated?

It's feasible that the machines eventually take over entirely, but being in the automation business would at least buy some time.

More secure than being a cab driver..

Back