Eugenics And The Billionaires Huge Investment In Living Forever

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
I just heard someone talk about this and Silicon Valley Billionaires are investing huge sums "Many billions" into living forever or for hundreds of years more. Its kinda scary because this guy who I was hearing also believes that they want to reduce the world wide population.

The idea is to essentially make room for the people living a lot longer if not forever. This is some scary talk they essentially believe that much of the manufacturing and farming will be automated and that the people who do needed but technically limited work will not be needed. That many areas of the world is overpopulated and creating strains on the system and need to reduced if not eliminated.

This guy is not some pie in the sky guy he has a legit background in research and believes many of these goals could happen sooner then people think. Normally I would write this off as some crazy CTer who thinks the government is out to get him. But he pointed out people like Bloomberg, Buffett and many other billionaires have spent over a billion dollars on setting up health clinics to perform abortions and teach people how to use condoms around the world. He also talked about people like Larry Ellison, Peter Thiel and other powerful technology brokers really believe that this is a goal within reach.

Ok time to take your tinfoil hat off now! :)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/national/2015/04/04/tech-titans-latest-project-defy-death/

EDIT: I am actually surprised not more people are freaked out about this stuff.

Last edited:
Not with our current state of thinking........................... but far into the future probable.

Can't wait for them to reach their goals. Folks will eat crows :wink:

I love threads like these. Reaffirms my choice to be an automation tech. I will gladly join the NWO.

Not with our current state of thinking........................... but far into the future probable.

I think he believes the age thing could have major breakthroughs in the next 10 to 20 years. One of the leading people on the efforts is Raymond Kurzweil. He has setup shop about a half an hour from Google headquarters and is pushing on with his own research efforts. Google on the other hand has researchers who are working on diverse set of technology goals from manufacturing organs to producing a synthetic skin that heals faster and can grow on almost anything. This is not wild ideas they are already growing this skin and it even has little arteries to carry blood flow.

I think he believes the age thing could have major breakthroughs in the next 10 to 20 years. One of the leading people on the efforts is Raymond Kurzweil. He has setup shop about a half an hour from Google headquarters and is pushing on with his own research efforts. Google on the other hand has researchers who are working on diverse set of technology goals from manufacturing organs to producing a synthetic skin that heals faster and can grow on almost anything. This is not wild ideas they are already growing this skin and it even has little arteries to carry blood flow.

I've seen that on a show Ancient Aliens and they are getting pretty far but it's going to take much longer with just organ replication. Trust me every effort will be stopped due to our education and incorrect thinking in trying to expand . There are already natural barriers which won't allow us to live an extended or natural life span which I hear is much longer than ours. Due to many wars our time went from 40 hour days to our current 24 thus lessening dynamically of a normal life of 300 years. Blame it on the rain of fire humanity likes to showboat with for our current dilemma. Unless there is an astronomical shift of thought and efficiency we aren't going nowhere no matter how many billions and trillions they pump into it. Those that want to live long are of a greedy variety you should naturally only want to live forever or longer if you excel as a society as a whole not parts.

Given the extreme amount of self-interest involved, life extension will happen if it is at all possible. And, based on the existence of animals like the naked mole rat and quite a few others, indications are that it's not only possible, but that aging can actually be reversed by the same treatments, which is a crazy thought.

The arguing about it is actually irrelevant in a way, because the people that disagree will self-select out of the population. The only real question is what various adjustments will need to be made once it does occur and take off.

What's crazy about wanting to extend your life? The medical technology they finance will only end up benefiting us all.

What's crazy about wanting to extend your life? The medical technology they finance will only end up benefiting us all.
The idea is to essentially make room for the people living a lot longer if not forever. This is some scary talk they essentially believe that much of the manufacturing and farming will be automated and that the people who do needed but technically limited work will not be needed. That many areas of the world is overpopulated and creating strains on the system and need to reduced if not eliminated.
That means us, Irving!

Kurzweil seems to be a big believer in this idea, but watching the TRANSCENDENT MAN documentary, it was suggested that there are psychological motivations (loss of his father, the resurrection of his father, etc), perhaps even delusions, which cause an otherwise brilliant man like Kurzweil to legitimately believe that he will survive long enough to see immortality.

Perhaps death, itself, is the door to immortality.

That means us, Irving!

Kurzweil seems to be a big believer in this idea, but watching the TRANSCENDENT MAN documentary, it was suggested that there are psychological motivations (loss of his father, the resurrection of his father, etc), perhaps even delusions, which cause an otherwise brilliant man like Kurzweil to legitimately believe that he will survive long enough to see immortality.

Perhaps death, itself, is the door to immortality.

I love a good conspiracy theory & I've heard this one a lot, but I'm not worried. The only barrier to this life extending medical technology will be the size of your bank roll. Something that valuable Will be sold. It won't be cheap, but it will be there for those who can afford it.

As for the unwashed masses of the world, they'll be in the same boat they're in now. People in the 3rd world die of things that you or I would be treated for, or cured of, everyday.

It'd be fucking awesome to live to 90 or a 100 and living those years healthily but who the fuck wants to live 300 or 400 years, let alone infinity?

You'd have to be some sick, demented, egotist to want that.

Imagine the sick, demented ego of people who set out to earn Billions of dollars...!

3D printing will destroy so many jobs. Forget outsourcing to China. At least that created jobs somewhere else in the world.

thats pretty nice

I've seen that on a show Ancient Aliens and they are getting pretty far but it's going to take much longer with just organ replication. Trust me every effort will be stopped due to our education and incorrect thinking in trying to expand . There are already natural barriers which won't allow us to live an extended or natural life span which I hear is much longer than ours. Due to many wars our time went from 40 hour days to our current 24 thus lessening dynamically of a normal life of 300 years. Blame it on the rain of fire humanity likes to showboat with for our current dilemma. Unless there is an astronomical shift of thought and efficiency we aren't going nowhere no matter how many billions and trillions they pump into it. Those that want to live long are of a greedy variety you should naturally only want to live forever or longer if you excel as a society as a whole not parts.

wat

It'd be fucking awesome to live to 90 or a 100 and living those years healthily but who the fuck wants to live 300 or 400 years, let alone infinity?

You'd have to be some sick, demented, egotist to want that.

Well call me a sick demented egotist then!

Its kinda scary because this guy who I was hearing also believes that they want to reduce the world wide population.

I am actually surprised not more people are freaked out about this stuff.

oh. I'm so fucking scared.

scared-woman.jpg

I would like to live 1000 years, because i want to see the technological potential of man.

I just want to know if we will be able to go into space, or we will perish in this planet, once knowing that i would die no problem.

Back