Eubank vs Benn I is as good a fight as there was in the 90's

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Eubank showed just how good he was here. One of the best showman ever and absolutely insane

good highlights from the Simply the Best Doc

It was a better fight.
in your opinion it might have been.

I personally don't think it was. Kinda stupid argument anyway. I said Benn-Eubank is as good as any of them. Not that it was better

Eubank showed just how good he was here. One of the best showman ever and absolutely insane

good highlights from the Simply the Best Doc

Amazing fight with an amazing atmosphere, was gutted at the time for Benn, but Eubank just showed what a tough motherfucker he was. Brilliant fight.

in your opinion it might have been.

I personally don't think it was. Kinda stupid argument anyway. I said Benn-Eubank is as good as any of them. Not that it was better

It was a golden age for middleweight boxing. Two tremendous warriors. I followed Eubanks career from very early on. He was eccentric but came up with the goods. Benn was a savage. True killer instinct and power. Funny how both of them had the shite slapped out of them by Steve Collins.
I guess boxing is all about timing, in more ways than one.

The Eubank - Benn - Watson - Collins wars were something to behold.

The Eubank - Benn - Watson - Collins wars were something to behold.
Certainly was as special time for uk boxing. Eubanks/ Benn is one of my favorite rivalries. A really bizarre and compelling love/ hate dynamic they have to this day.

Great back and forth fight. Everyone was talking about it in school on Monday.

I love the fact that Eubank bit his tongue, swallowed loads of blood and didn't tell his corner till after the fight.

It was fantastic. I remember watching and slowly coming to the realisation that Benn was going to lose - it was shocking as Benn was seen as a destroyer, a middleweight Tyson.
But great times for British boxing. Eubank was a tremendous character. As champion, he once went to Germany to defend his title. His entrance, walking towards the ring with thousands of pissed racist Nazi Germans screaming at him, was electric. When he reached the ring, he turned to stare at the baying crowd, while flexing and posing in his unique style, before jumping over the ropes. A real showman.

benn is one of my all time favourites. eubank just had too much skill for him unfortunately.

It was fantastic. I remember watching and slowly coming to the realisation that Benn was going to lose - it was shocking as Benn was seen as a destroyer, a middleweight Tyson.
But great times for British boxing. Eubank was a tremendous character. As champion, he once went to Germany to defend his title. His entrance, walking towards the ring with thousands of pissed racist Nazi Germans screaming at him, was electric. When he reached the ring, he turned to stare at the baying crowd, while flexing and posing in his unique style, before jumping over the ropes. A real showman.

What a load of horseshit. There werent "thousands of Nazis" in the crowd.

Eubank/Benn 1 was great. I loved Eubank's post fight interview where he lamented about how hard Benn hit him, and then asked his girl to marry him lol

Um, Benn - McClellan was in 1995.
hard to watch because of the consequences but I'd put this up there with any fight ever for the pure violence. Benn gets basically knocked out twice en route to winning

hard to watch because of the consequences but I'd put this up there with any fight ever for the pure violence. Benn gets basically knocked out twice en route to winning
They are always showing that fight on bt sports as this great win for Benn and england over a great american fighter. I think its a bit much considering Mcclellan was permanently disabled from that fight. I just don't think it is something to celebrate. Especially since a lot of people have said there was something wrong with McClellan from before the fight.

They are always showing that fight on bt sports as this great win for Benn and england over a great american fighter. I think its a bit much considering Mcclellan was permanently disabled from that fight. I just don't think it is something to celebrate. Especially since a lot of people have said there was something wrong with McClellan from before the fight.

Nobody said there was anything wrong with him before the fight at all....another person making stuff up in this thread

Nobody said there was anything wrong with him before the fight at all....another person making stuff up in this thread
actually a Kronk fighter who sparred with McCellan, Tarick Salmaci said he hit McCellan with a jab during the sparring leading to the fight and he started doing the blinking thing he did in the Benn fight. Gerald said he thumbed him but later admitted he had hurt him, which Tarick though was odd since Gerald was known for having a granite chin, and Tarick was a 147 at the time

According to Salmaci, when he saw Gerald start blinking in the Benn fight he knew something was wrong. Thinks Gerald was fucked up going in

actually a Kronk fighter who sparred with McCellan, Tarick Salmaci said he hit McCellan with a jab during the sparring leading to the fight and he started doing the blinking thing he did in the Benn fight. Gerald said he thumbed him but later admitted he had hurt him, which Tarick though was odd since Gerald was known for having a granite chin, and Tarick was a 147 at the time

According to Salmaci, when he saw Gerald start blinking in the Benn fight he knew something was wrong. Thinks Gerald was fucked up going in

Seems strange, McClellan was hit with some damn hard shots early in the fight a long time before he started blinking.

Back