International EU under pressure to ban Russian tourists

This is an abomination. This is a power play between the powers that be, the common man has absolutely no say in what goes on. Should americans have been banned for Iraq?

I’m torn. What Zelenskyy is saying here makes a lot of sense:

“Russians should live in their own world until they change their philosophy”.

Russia’s rulers have always been scumbags, since the dawn of time. It seems like the Russian people can never have good things.

The problem is, the Western way of thinking is that by pressuring the Russian people by not letting them in, they will somehow all unite and revolt against their leader, which is a foolish way to think if you have any sense of history.

Well, Russia have banned nationals of a lot of these countries from entering so it's no different to that really. Trying to get a tourist visa for Russia as a Brit was like pulling teeth BEFORE this invasion, I can't ever see us being able to get one again, even in 20yrs time. Also, I suppose you need to be wary of who exactly you are letting into your country - it's not like Russia don't have a history of spying and infiltration.
Yeah this actually is a complex situation. On the one hand, we shouldn’t hate an average Russian for the actions of their government. Ideally we would try to win them over. On the other hand, we are trying to cripple their government and force change.

Plus what you said at least was true. I don’t know if they run the same covert ops programs they once did, but during the Soviet days they were probably the best ever at it and highly successful infiltrating and damaging other countries from within.

Going too far. This is collective punishment and attacking someone just for being Russian.

They wouldn't dare do this against Chinese, Israelis, Pakistanis, Saudis, Syrians, Afghans etc.. but against Russians anything is fine.

It will probably happen to Chinese or be floated as happening once China takes Taiwan. I dont expect a full EU ban because Italy, Bulgaria, Hungary will not play ball. But the Baltic russohphobic countries will do it.

Honestly it will backfire. It is creating resentment in Russians who were on the fence. In addition, Russia isnt going to recirporcate this because they realize they can profit off foreigners coming to Russia. They can also win the minds of disgruntled right wingers which is what they are doing. I have seen a lot of Americans and Brits move to Russia in past year and since. Several who worked for RT or in alt media are in Russia as we speak.

The West has its head up its azzz

Last edited:
Yeah this actually is a complex situation. On the one hand, we shouldn’t hate an average Russian for the actions of their government. Ideally we would try to win them over. On the other hand, we are trying to cripple their government and force change.

Plus what you said at least was true. I don’t know if they run the same covert ops programs they once did, but during the Soviet days they were probably the best ever at it and highly successful infiltrating and damaging other countries from within.

Personally don't see it happening at all. They'll go to Europe, speak Russian, mostly refuse in engage in whatever local language they're around, stay at Russian run hotel complexes, use the beach, go back to Russia and then fall back in line.

I’m torn. What Zelenskyy is saying here makes a lot of sense:

“Russians should live in their own world until they change their philosophy”.

The problem is, the Western way of thinking is that by pressuring the Russian people by not letting them in, they will somehow all unite and revolt against their leader, which is a foolish way to think if you have any sense of history.

It isn't just western way of thinking.
To ban tourists from Russia is hevily supported by electorate and taxpayers in countries....where is high risk to get masked as tourists provocators, terrorists and diversants + crimials from criminal gangs & stuff like turned into cheap terrorists ppl in debts, gamblers, drug addicts etc....

+ these countries doesn't have any big money from Russian tourists anyway....

Russians willing to relocate to west had did this since 1992 th....
Businessmans will not be impacted cos this....

+ Average russian is poor. ..with income level take home monthly lower than in Bulgaria...

Yeah...they have more normally paid areas...like St Pete and Moscow...
+ usually if employers are working for...bad west...

___
In EU there are just a few countries really benefiting from Russia's tourists....
Bulgaria there never will appear in this list....

1. Cyprus.
2. Cyprus.
3. Cyprus.
4. Greece.
5. Greece.
Then after this Italy and after this others...

Turkey isn't EU country but they for them are like something between Greece and Cyprus....

This if to talk about casual tourists...

+ only empty dreams and propaganda is that Baltic countries might economically suffer if will not have tourists from Russia...

Tourism industry in Baltic countries is mainly middlemans and passenger transport or tourism agents companies, these are earning even if will book for you hotel in New Zealand and you are from U.S or U.K......
Very small % from tourism industry earnings is from tourists visiting baltic countries...
Locals too...if have money...usually opt to visit other countries during their vacations..

Despite they does have good internet, normal infrastructure and I think even too high number of hotels....+ normal environment for foreigners...

== climate if compare with the same Cyprus ....sucks...heavily...

My thinking would be just severely restrict Russian commercial airlines from landing in europe. Cripple their airline industry.

If a Russian wants to go to the effort and cost of driving to Greece and back or using a connecting flight through Indian airlines, so be it.

No need to dick around with visas, which sounds like a nightmare to administrate and enforce.

I am just talking about a pragmatic way to go about it, not saying if it actually a wise thing to do

Last edited:
Personally don't see it happening at all. They'll go to Europe, speak Russian, mostly refuse in engage in whatever local language they're around, stay at Russian run hotel complexes, use the beach, go back to Russia and then fall back in line.
MONEY. The spend MONEY and that’s why’ve read multiple boohoo-stories in Finnish journals, how people beg the RUS tourists to come..
Obviously in this sense, it’s better that the Russians spend their rubles in countries other than Russia, but the reason why we’re partially in this shit is because economics were put before principles of a sovereign nation.

Everytime there has been a revolution or coup, the Russian military was the ultimate decider. If they havent turned on him yet, dont think this would do anything

Maybe if Putin ordered a nuclear strike or an attack on NATO, you might get a rogue general or an assassination.

But it wont be over McDonalds and vacations in Mykonos.

MONEY. The spend MONEY and that’s why’ve read multiple boohoo-stories in Finnish journals, how people beg the RUS tourists to come..
Obviously in this sense, it’s better that the Russians spend their rubles in countries other than Russia, but the reason why we’re partially in this shit is because economics were put before principles of a sovereign nation.
Boho stories sponsored by Russians and Kremlin indirectly....

Economics...
For tourism Finland like Baltic countries are more suitable for nordic blood ppl and there I don't mean national origin but simple....thermoregulation individual might have....

Tourist from Canada or Demnmark or Norway or north of U.S and middle - notrth section of U.K might see Finland as country not bad for them...

A lot of claims about so huge money from russian tourists are managed by tourism industry shareholders russians and Kremlin...
While in reality they are just cocky selfish tourists who are able to spend peanuts and brag a lot...

It isn't Bahamas or Cyprus, even not Turkey or Greece or Italy or some areas in Spain or Portugal...

Dead end for tourists seeking comfortable climate for long term....

I might see crying about " money bringing Tourists from Russia " like modern propaganda boom hype how with solar panels in NE might be produced damn a lot.
Despite we 30 years ago knew that these areas aren't Portugal, Spain, South of France or Greece or South of U.S etc....

Russian tourists are bringing piece of shit in money and might create damn a lot of direct danger and indirect threats for....unusable peanuts for some xxx busunessed owners....

Busineess invesotrs are different bread.
+ barking bully Russia does have smaller economy than South Korea....despite commodities sales prices boom....

Boho stories sponsored by Russians and Kremlin indirectly....

Economics...
For tourism Finland like Baltic countries are more suitable for nordic blood ppl and there I don't mean national origin but simple....thermoregulation individual might have....

Tourist from Canada or Demnmark or Norway or north of U.S and middle - notrth section of U.K might see Finland as country not bad for them...

A lot of claims about so huge money from russian tourists are managed by tourism industry shareholders russians and Kremlin...
While in reality they are just cocky selfish tourists who are able to spend peanuts and brag a lot...

It isn't Bahamas or Cyprus, even not Turkey or Greece or Italy or some areas in Spain or Portugal...

Dead end for tourists seeking comfortable climate for long term....

I might see crying about " money bringing Tourists from Russia " like modern propaganda boom hype how with solar panels in NE might be produced damn a lot.
Despite we 30 years ago knew that these areas aren't Portugal, Spain, South of France or Greece or South of U.S etc....

Russian tourists are bringing piece of shit in money and might create damn a lot of direct danger and indirect threats for....unusable peanuts for some xxx busunessed owners....

Busineess invesotrs are different bread.
+ barking bully Russia does have smaller economy than South Korea....despite commodities sales prices boom....
It has been a relatively cheap operation for the RUS business to infiltrate Finnish decision-making on county-level for the past 20+ years.
Lube up a few pencil-pushers who have a say at the city’s or county’s affairs, ask them for intros and investment opportunities.. Pay what’s asked on paper, the rest under the counter.
Build a tourist haven next to the border.
Easy breezy or cheeki breeki.

Right wingers typically against this but were all for Trump’s “muslim ban”.

There is zero consistency on the right.

Oh goodie, I haven't gotten to post this one in a while!

paul-joseph-watson-27-mins-top-5-muslim-population-countries-13606049.png

Look at you, buying whatever narrative is being sold, hook, line, and sinker.

How cute!!!

Screenshot-20220423-174107-Free-Adblocker-Browser.jpg

Screenshot-20220423-174107-Free-Adblocker-Browser.jpg

Dumb. The whole anti Russian everything wave is the height of progressive over correction.
There is a majority that are over with the Ukrainian conflict and are more concerned with the way economy is going and the direction of Europe recently than the conflict itself.
The majority are more worried about the ecmcony and how Europe is going to do this winter.
This Russian ban on Russian tourists is only going to hurt Europe again when it comes to tourism.

When Europe needed tourism boost it mostly got from Russia, Asian Tourists.

Back