EU foreign legion type forces.

OCGSC

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Do you think have groups like the French Foreign Legion would be useful for the EU?

Do you think have groups like the French Foreign Legion would be useful for the EU?

Such troops would need to serve a purpose. As long as the EU cannot agree on a common foreign policy stance, it's hard to envision.

Such troops would need to serve a purpose. As long as the EU cannot agree on a common foreign policy stance, it's hard to envision.
I respectively agree with that. If individual countries said fuck it show me you want to be a citizen by serving that would be great.

France is part of NATO. The French Foreign Legion is a part of the French Army. I don't understand your question. Are you talking about 'merging' the Armies of European countries together? That would never happen.

Well France is in EU, so if need be, they can send in the Foreign Legion to assist with EU shenanigans.

Maybe the EU can turn their entire security forces over to 3rd worlders. All their weaponry, and gadgets can be turned over scrawny refugees, and then EU can pay them. This is like what the Roman Empire did in its final century.

Nah the French foreign legion is mostly used for aggressive wars attacking other countries like they did in WW2.
The EU should stick to an Army for defense purpose not coping the imperalist American and UK foreign policy of continuously attacking sovereign countries around the World for the 1%.

We should follow more the century-old peaceful foreign policies of central Europe.

Europe does not need any foreign interventionist forces. As far as we are concerned, our imperialist games ought to be over.

A strong defensive army is all that Europe's nations require.

Arm and supply them to help clean up the countries they escaped from
:meow:

Maybe the EU can turn their entire security forces over to 3rd worlders. All their weaponry, and gadgets can be turned over scrawny refugees, and then EU can pay them. This is like what the Roman Empire did in its final century.

Didn't work out too well for them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_of_Rome_(410)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_of_Rome_(455)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_of_Rome_(546)

1280px-Genseric_sacking_rome_456.jpg

Europe does not need any foreign interventionist forces. As far as we are concerned, our imperialist games ought to be over.

A strong defensive army is all that Europe's nations require.

That's why I am in favor of Germany bringing back the draft. Military conscription works fine for a defensive Army.
But it's not good to have a foreign interventionist force.
The issue with having an expensive offensive Army eventually you are going to use it in unnecessary wars to justify it.

That's why I am in favor of Germany bringing back the draft. Military conscription works fine for a defensive Army.
But it's not good to have a foreign interventionist force.
The issue with having an expensive offensive Army eventually you are going to use it in unnecessary wars to justify it.

Indeed. Unfortunately, the conscription army, in many parts of the world, is being done away with, to be replaced by a more "professional" military structure, bought and paid for. China, in particular, is something to worry about.

It is much more difficult to rally the average citizen for war, compared to a mercenary. It is also much more difficult to mobilize a massive land army, compared to "special units".

These sorts of troops are going to be used to fight proxy wars between geo-political super-powers, in 3rd world countries that are too distant for anybody to care about.

I prefer that Europe stays out of that business and leaves it to the Americans, Russians and potentially the Chinese, in the future. They can soil their hands, Europe has already soiled its own in the past.

Nah the French foreign legion is mostly used for aggressive wars attacking other countries like they did in WW2.
The EU should stick to an Army for defense purpose not coping the imperalist American and UK foreign policy of continuously attacking sovereign countries around the World for the 1%.

We should follow more the century-old peaceful foreign policies of central Europe.
As you become more powerful, the less you will be able to resist.

Back