Movies ET in IMAX

Rate ET

• Total voters
I chose great, but really I think it's a notch above good and a notch below great: very good.

It was good. Saw it when it came out as a kid. Never watched it again.

Somewhere between great and excellent. Definitely one of those films that I somewhat enjoyed as a kid but found a bit slow-paced and dull. When I saw it years later, I found it to have everything you’d want in a Spielberg film- great entertainment value and impacting emotional resonance.

Plus John Williams’ score is epic. When that music is blaring during the scene when ET says goodbye to Elliot, Gertie, and Michael (statute of limitations on spoilers?), it absolutely packs an emotional punch.

Somewhere between great and excellent. Definitely one of those films that I somewhat enjoyed as a kid but found a bit slow-paced and dull. When I saw it years later, I found it to have everything you’d want in a Spielberg film- great entertainment value and impacting emotional resonance.

Plus John Williams’ score is epic. When that music is blaring during the scene when ET says goodbye to Elliot, Gertie, and Michael (statute of limitations on spoilers?), it absolutely packs an emotional punch.

This sums up a lot for me.

Also Ponyboy Curtis was in this movie along with Erika Eleniak who played his crush at school.

This movie made me feel like a kid again watching it except now I appreciated it a lot more.

Both Drew and Henry did excellent work. Very emotional and convincing.

The one thing I didn't really like/understand was the connection they shared, like when ET got drunk all of a sudden Elliot was drunk. A bit weird but I accepted it.

8/10 for me.

Some of the people in the theater started clapping after the movie. Very impactful.

Great movie, not sure what the Imax experience would add to it, but none the less would watch it in Imax Gladly.

Great movie, not sure what the Imax experience would add to it, but none the less would watch it in Imax Gladly.

eUw0LmdpZg.gif

Haven't seen in in 40 years. Did finish the Atari 2600 game multiple times because once I started I HAD to get e.t. home.

The one thing I didn't really like/understand was the connection they shared, like when ET got drunk all of a sudden Elliot was drunk. A bit weird but I accepted it.

I always figured that was just ET's special ability. Or his species' special ability. What with the glowing finger and heart and all. That's why the flower revived too.

I always figured that was just ET's special ability. Or his species' special ability. What with the glowing finger and heart and all. That's why the flower revived too.

They had a special connection after et heals Elliot's finger after he slices it on the blade. I thought the emotional connection was 1 thing but the alcohol part was a bit too much.

Back