Estimated timetable on Jones' return to UFC

Warface

White Belt
Reaction score
I was just curious about what Sherdoggers thought about the idea of Jones returning and how long they think it'll take. I personally hope to see him fight the winner of DC vs. Gustafsson in very early 2016.

Thoughts?

DisloyalShockedAlpaca.gif

It's probably going to be at least a year from the time of the accident to get to court, and I bet he gets like 5 years paper. Idk if they will let him fight while on paper.

I'm not lawyer, just guessing here. Educated guess.

I was just curious about what Sherdoggers thought about the idea of Jones returning and how long they think it'll take. I personally hope to see him fight the winner of DC vs. Gustafsson in very early 2016.

Thoughts?

DisloyalShockedAlpaca.gif

I hope to NEVER see him steal that dance again.

It's probably going to be at least a year from the time of the accident to get to court, and I bet he gets like 5 years paper. Idk if they will let him fight while on paper.

"on paper"...? does that mean probation?

Really can't speculate until he gets convicted/sentenced or it gets dismissed..

Really can't speculate until he gets convicted/sentenced or it gets dismissed..

I was just under the assumption that there would be an out of court settlement, because y'know, pro athletes do wonders when they get caught.

I was just under the assumption that there would be an out of court settlement, because y'know, pro athletes do wonders when they get caught.

Civil court =/= criminal court.

UFC 200

Alex vs Jones 2
GSP vs Hendricks 2

book it

Civil court =/= criminal court.
have charges even been filed? or is the DA still trying to find evidence or something..?

either way, we can't even talk of training camps / return dates until this is settled

I'm guessing early 2016 is a bit optimistic, but mid or late 2016 seems about right.

I don't want to see him gone so long that it hinders his returning in fighting shape, but hopefully long enough to get himself sorted.

DC will be defending 1 or 2 more times after Gus and then Jones returns

Should be a fourth degree felony for serious injury or death after fleeing the scene of an accident. 18 months of imprisonment and revocation of driver's license/nonresident operating privilege is the max for New Mexico I believe. Anyway it's probably going to get dropped to a misdemeanor but if not he won't be locked up that long. 45 days - 9 months is what is probably going to happen depending on how everything goes. 3-5 years probation after that. The UFC will be ready to bring him back after he is released and/or all legal proceedings are finished as long as he can get licenced (I'm almost positive he can). If he would have killed that woman or her baby he could have gotten hit with 6 years prison and 10 years probation. Basically it depends on when everything is settled but it could be as soon as January, but more likely it's gonna be another 9-12 months

Back