Elections Establishment Takeover: the Arrogant Senate Candidacy of Joe Kennedy

@Trotsky any word on how the DCCC views Kennedy’s campaign as a challenge to an incumbent?

Well, the DCCC doesn't have jurisdiction over this, as that's the House fundraising committee. The DSCC, which is the Senate equivalent, has backed Markey. Do I think they'll blackball any outfit that works with Kennedy? No, I certainly do not. However, it's notable that a number of centrist establishment types like Chuck Schumer, who is very influential on the party's finances, has backed Markey.

Joe Kennedy has endorsements from, most notably:
John Lewis, Kyrsten Sinema, Joaquin Castro,, Raul Grijalava, David Cicilline, and Conor Lamb​

Markey has endorsements from, most notably:
Elizabeth Warren, Chuck Schumer, Joe Manchin, Dick Durbin, AOC, Ro Khanna, and Jim McGovern​

It's a really, really weird thing, where both sides have both centrist (Sinema/Lamb vs. Manchin/Schumer) and progressives (Grijalva vs. AOC/Khanna)

Yea his ads were terribly terrible lol, I actually hated him at first. But once he sat in the chair, he's been exceeding expectations. He did what he had to in order to get the votes, then started making some good changes and updates. Even in an era of hyper partisan wars, DeSantis has an over 40% approval rating from Democrats exclusively. Infinitely better than the abomination known as Rick Scott.

Pretty much where I'm going at with Kennedy is what you just said. You're more focused on his platform being less progressive and that he's not acknowledging that, but I don't think you've stopped to consider if or how good a senator he can be if he wins. Or the potential impact he can provide for the party/future. He doesn't seem corrupt in any way (to my knowledge at least), can bring a strong brand as new and hopeful Dem Senator, working alongside Warren, seems legit in his desire to make things better. There's a lot of win there if you don't hold a grudge about him not being the super nice guy during a campaign run. You see it with Dems in the primaries know who will shake hands after it's all over. Most people aren't going to campaign without going all out to win.

Well, that's good.

I really, really hope you didn't vote for Rick Scott. That corrupt, dishonest piece of shit getting elected to the Senate is a black eye on the country. I wish nothing but pain, suffering, and untimely death on that ET-looking mother fucker.

I really, really hope you didn't vote for Rick Scott. That corrupt, dishonest piece of shit getting elected to the Senate is a black eye on the country. I wish nothing but pain, suffering, and untimely death on that ET-looking mother fucker.

If there is any time in history that I would go beyond the means of a standard protest, it would be anything Rick Scott related. He is the actual #1 on my "down with a politician" list. If I saw him in public, I'd probably spit in his face. He's a prime example of literally everything that is wrong with politics. Not Trump, not McConnell, but Rick Scott. Instead of sitting behind bars or being held accountable for a lifetime of scumbaggery, he has been "promoted" to Senator. Shameful.

Back