UNDISPUTED is the new Fight Night

FNR3 is my favorite based almost purely on the control options. I don't know why they removed the controls I used in FNR3 (using the 4 face buttons as punches) and tried to shove you into this joystick punching crap. I did hate the slow motion parry stuff in FNR3 which wasn't realistic at all though, and graphics obviously improved, but I still have more fun with FNR3.

Unfortunately I can't get FNR3 working on RPCS3 emulator. I can for PCSX2 though.

FNR3 is my favorite based almost purely on the control options. I don't know why they removed the controls I used in FNR3 (using the 4 face buttons as punches) and tried to shove you into this joystick punching crap. I did hate the slow motion parry stuff in FNR3 which wasn't realistic at all though, and graphics obviously improved, but I still have more fun with FNR3.

Unfortunately I can't get FNR3 working on RPCS3 emulator. I can for PCSX2 though.
You can use the buttons to punch in champion. There is a nice hybrid control option that is great imo. Buttons for jab, cross, and hook; joystick for uppercuts or big power punches.

Last edited:

They never removed the button options. Stick controls are how these games were always meant to be played so they're highlighted as more of the default control scheme, but you can still use the buttons.

I prefer punching, blocking and parrying to be done with the joystick.

Buttons for ball shots and whatnot.

I prefer punching, blocking and parrying to be done with the joystick.

Buttons for ball shots and whatnot.

They need to bring back the low blow from FN 2004 where your guy brings his hand to the sky, then delivers a shot that should lift the opponent off the ground by their sack.

That one always came from the fat fighter bodyset when I was like 80% towards a knockdown.

Been following this for ages now, seems still so many people haven't jumped on this bandwagon... It looks outragously good to me..

Meanwhile EA Sports games..
HospitableSociableArchaeocete-max-1mb.gif

They never removed the button options. Stick controls are how these games were always meant to be played so they're highlighted as more of the default control scheme, but you can still use the buttons.
Its been a long time since playing them but I remember the specific button config that I was using in 3 that I really liked wasn't available in the following two. I don't think it was just the face buttons. Would have to plug in my PS3 to figure out the difference though. Throwing strikes with joysticks will never feel normal to me.

Its been a long time since playing them but I remember the specific button config that I was using in 3 that I really liked wasn't available in the following two. I don't think it was just the face buttons. Would have to plug in my PS3 to figure out the difference though. Throwing strikes with joysticks will never feel normal to me.

It might've been different. I couldn't say, as I always used the stick, but I could see FN3 offering a scheme that felt a bit more organic, since the analog controls were more or less an experiment at that time.

You should really try the get the stick down though. Once it clicks, it's second to none. I do know some people who never really get used to them though(same with other games, like Skate), so you're not alone in not liking it. For whatever reason, the stick controls just came natural to me ever since games started to implement them.

New Fighter announcement video. Many were in the last vid, but some big names were added today

Lomanchenko
Marcos Maidana
Vinny Paz
Ray Mancini
Marco Antonio Barrera
Erik Morales
Nonito Donaire
Claressa Shields(and other female boxers nobody'll use)
Cyborg(???)
Badr Hari(cool, I guess)
Badou Jack
Sergei Kovalev
Joe Smith
David Lemieux

And the biggest (or longest) name - Paulie Malignaggi

How does a first time indie studio absolutely bury a multi gajillion dollar company like EA when it comes to things like licensing? Damn!

It definitely looks good. That's not the important part, though. How it plays is all that matters. Something about these knockoff games never quite nails the feel of what they're trying to do in bringing you back to the games they're trying to emulate.

I remain cautiously optimistic.

I know that the roster is far less important than the feel and depth of the gameplay, but it's hard not to get a little excited at what they've got so far. The roster is already twice the size of a Fight Night game and they're still announcing big names.

How does a first time indie studio absolutely bury a multi gajillion dollar company like EA when it comes to things like licensing? Damn!
It seems like they've got some real boxing insiders involved. Their website says that the boxing community has been involved from the ground up and they mention the fact that in boxing there is no single entity to negotiate with. Whatever they're doing in these negotiations is obviously working.

New Fighter announcement video. Many were in the last vid, but some big names were added today

Lomanchenko
Marcos Maidana
Vinny Paz
Ray Mancini
Marco Antonio Barrera
Erik Morales
Nonito Donaire
Claressa Shields(and other female boxers nobody'll use)
Cyborg(???)
Badr Hari(cool, I guess)
Badou Jack
Sergei Kovalev
Joe Smith
David Lemieux

And the biggest (or longest) name - Paulie Malignaggi

Insane roster. I woke up to the video and it made me shoot the jizm. I’m so hyped.

Insane roster. I woke up to the video and it made me shoot the jizm. I’m so hyped.

Yeah, seeing Loma was surprising. Barrera, Morales were cherries on top.

Now there's only one FW legend left that isn't in this game. Terdsak Jandaeng! He's coming for his JM Marquez rematch!!!!

Yeah, seeing Loma was surprising. Barrera, Morales were cherries on top.

Now there's only one FW legend left that isn't in this game. Terdsak Jandaeng! He's coming for his JM Marquez rematch!!!!
It’s cool to see the smaller guys getting some love. FNC was lacking in terms of options below welterweight. FNC had some big name LWs like Duran and Sweet Pea but the roster lacked depth. I think the FW division had less than 5 fighters, and FNC counted both 126 and 130 as FW. I think the BW division’s only fighter was Donaire lol.

It’s cool to see the smaller guys getting some love. FNC was lacking in terms of options below welterweight. FNC had some big name LWs like Duran and Sweet Pea but the roster lacked depth. I think the FW division had less than 5 fighters, and FNC counted both 126 and 130 as FW. I think the BW division’s only fighter was Donaire lol.

The FN rosters aren't too great past the Ali's, Leonards, SRR, Durans, etc. 2004 and Round 2 were pretty fantastic, but they've typically been poor since. Round 4 had Nonito Donaire as the only fighter in the bantamweight division. And randoms like Vicente Escobedo, Billy Dib, Mundine, Eddie Chambers, Robert Guerrero were always padding out every division.

This one is light years beyond that series in terms of roster already. And I'd wager they've got a ton of guys left to announce and release with their seasonal model. If the gameplay is even just as good as the FN games, I can't wait to do careers as Chocolatito, Sergio Martinez, SRR, James Toney (hopefuly), Ricardo Lopez (hopefully) and sooooo many others.

Just imagine, if the game has a good depth of styles in it, playing even somewhat like James Toney did in real life. That would be some cool stuff.

The FN rosters aren't too great past the Ali's, Leonards, SRR, Durans, etc. 2004 and Round 2 were pretty fantastic, but they've typically been poor since. Round 4 had Nonito Donaire as the only fighter in the bantamweight division. And randoms like Vicente Escobedo, Billy Dib, Mundine, Eddie Chambers, Robert Guerrero were always padding out every division.

This one is light years beyond that series in terms of roster already. And I'd wager they've got a ton of guys left to announce and release with their seasonal model. If the gameplay is even just as good as the FN games, I can't wait to do careers as Chocolatito, Sergio Martinez, SRR, James Toney (hopefuly), Ricardo Lopez (hopefully) and sooooo many others.

Just imagine, if the game has a good depth of styles in it, playing even somewhat like James Toney did in real life. That would be some cool stuff.
I like some of the career features we have seen so far in terms of the career mode. There’s a lot of great fighters to use in career. I wanna use Maidana. Should be fun creating a character as well considering how deep the creation tools are.

Yeah I think we will see more fighters added for sure. If the game comes out and sells well and gets great reviews, more fighters will be wanting to be in the game.

As long as we can share CABs online I’ll be happy. You should be able to make a lookalike of any fighter because of how good the tools are. Let’s just hope we can make the CABs fight like the real fighter etc.

I like some of the career features we have seen so far in terms of the career mode. There’s a lot of great fighters to use in career. I wanna use Maidana. Should be fun creating a character as well considering how deep the creation tools are.

Yeah I think we will see more fighters added for sure. If the game comes out and sells well and gets great reviews, more fighters will be wanting to be in the game.

As long as we can share CABs online I’ll be happy. You should be able to make a lookalike of any fighter because of how good the tools are. Let’s just hope we can make the CABs fight like the real fighter etc.
The website says players will be able to share created fighters online.

I hope that in the career mode they find a way to make training interesting/fun.

I loved FNC but the training system was awful. Slowed the game down immensely. The training "games" all sucked (I could only ever get good scores on like 2 or 3 of them), and the "calendar" thing was stupid. As far as I could figure there was no way to skip it without getting punished via stats dropping.

Back