1. The Froot Shoop Contest now active! Come Vote! »

ESPN+ WTF

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by BBMN, Dec 8, 2019.

1. BBMN

BBMN Pancakes?!

So I purchased a monthly subscription bundle for Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+...

Seemed like a good deal. I log into ESPN+ and click on MMA. Now, I didn't watch the fight card last night, but was planning on watching today. As soon as I click the MMA tab, it loads up the result of the main event, which to be honest, was the only fight I really cared about. So that's great. Fight spoiled.

Oh well, can't do anything about it now. I click the card so I can at least watch the fights. And..... it wants my cable provider information? What cable provider? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?

So not only do they spoil the card, I can't even watch the fights? This is literally why people torrent and stream.

Please tell me that I'm missing something obvious.

TheArgumentPod, Po and pick999 like this.
  2. Zebra Cheeks

Zebra Cheeks Don’t look into the eye of the storm Platinum Member

You have to link the account. I have it on my tv but not my phone because I never watch sports in my phone. But if I go to watch it on my phone it does the same thing. You should have an account you can log into as opposed to giving cable info. If I’m wrong I’d try looking for a help desk, as you didn’t sign up through your cable provider

3. liver.shot

liver.shot Yellow Belt

Yeah, the results thing is stupid. Also the need for a provider for last night's thing.

On the plus side, if you use the pulldown menu for events you can watch almost all past ones (including PPV).

pick999 likes this.
  4. georgekillian

georgekillian Purple Belt

I could be wrong on this but I'm not sure if the regular ESPN fight nights are on fight pass. You might need a cable login specifically for the ESPN fight nights because they air on a cable channel. Again could be wrong, but this might be why.

5. Based God

Based God Task Force Platinum Member

The show was on the ESPN cable network, not ESPN+. Only the first couple of prelim fights were on ESPN+.

That's why they want your cable credentials to watch it. If you don't have cable credentials, you don't get to watch it.

mb23100, CleverNameEh, cabear and 4 others like this.
  6. Th3Sav4ge

Th3Sav4ge "What the fuck is happening!?"

I agree Espn+ does suck. But would you like to know what app dosnt suck? UFC Fight Pass

For only 9.99 you can get the best mma content around the net. Also you dont feel like piece of shit for streaming ppvs then bitching about fighter pay. Fight Pass even provides fights from different sports and organizations! Such as Kickboxing events for the men! and all out Jujistu competitions for the woman and the frail. Bottom line is you're gonna spend that money on some shit you know you dont need so might as well spend it on something that even when you forget about it.......it'll still there

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    Big Slammer and HunterAcosta like this.
  7. HunterAcosta

HunterAcosta Brown Belt

Dana, is that you?!

Coolkid666, Moro, sfblue and 5 others like this.
  8. Th3Sav4ge

Th3Sav4ge "What the fuck is happening!?"

a jujitsu guy i see

9. Willy Knuckles

Willy Knuckles Blue Belt

I think you're right. This is why they will never get my money, horribly confusing and money grubbing

10. Willy Knuckles

Willy Knuckles Blue Belt

smh this is so ridiculous

mb23100 likes this.
  11. Big Slammer

Big Slammer -Larger than Life- Double Yellow Card

is there any fight results you haven't had spoiled yet ?

12. jeff7b9

jeff7b9 Silver Belt

Yeah it’s fuckin annoying.

13. Gregory brunner

Gregory brunner Orange Belt

As others have said it was on regular ESPN , not ESPN +.. it will be added to espn + eventually but not immediately like the ESPN + cards.

14. Sweater of AV

Sweater of AV Silver Belt

15. Rockapotomuss

Rockapotomuss Woke Based Poster

It’s on fight pass next day. Just watched it.

HunterAcosta likes this.
  16. Mahkor

Mahkor Drunkmaster Flex Double Yellow Card

Just torrent that shit, it's way easier.

HunterAcosta likes this.
  17. CleverNameEh

CleverNameEh All out of bubblegum

You are.

Last night's card was on espn, which requires cable tv, not espn+, which shows on the app.

18. HunterAcosta

HunterAcosta Brown Belt

Yep not a hardcore mma fighter like you, manly man. Youre probably like 2-0 in Gladiator challenge or some other elite org. Or have like 5 amateur muay thai fights. Obvious bad ass. Keep on being bad ass bro. World needs more bad asses like you man. Keep it up.

Th3Sav4ge likes this.
  19. BoxingMMA

BoxingMMA Brown Belt

I hate it when people say what I am about to say but its true. There are no such things as spoilers when it comes to live sports. Sometimes when my dad and me are watching boxing matches and we have another match on DVR waiting for when we finish this one, he actually zooms the tv image a little bit so that the tickers on the bottom dont spoil the results of the other fights (or sports that he recorded and will watch later) but even then you cant help it when commentators suddenly talk about the other fight that took place in another network. HBO boxing was notorious for this bullshit, Jim Lampley suddenly talked about how good a fighter looked in showtime that day and it pissed me off.

Learn a trick to block the results from your view until you get the vent to play, if needed learn the remote clicks to get the event to play without having to look at the tv. Ive learn tons of tricks over the years to keep shit from being spoiled. There;s also asshole friends who never watch boxing or MMA and when they happen to watch one fight they instantly whatsapp you (because they know you like it) “DID YOU SEE THAT KO?!?!?!?!?”

So I even turn my phone off sometimes.

sfblue likes this.
  20. Trifick

Trifick Brown Belt

You can't watch regular espn fights on plus. Only the fights on plus, and the ppvs. If you want to watch anything fro regular espn, whether it's fights, NFL games, or First take, you have to go through extra hurdles