ESPN will no longer air the national anthem during MNF games

Football historically has a step tradition of militarism and the nationalism that goes along with so I understand their desire to keep the anthem in play -- but it's the media who is fucking loving the controversy; and, ESPN in particular salivate at the protest being polarizing, so I am surprised they are axing it.

Media frenzy is the reason Colin is not playing -- no GM or coach wants to deal with OJ Simpson levels of lens and reporters grilling every member of the staff and team about it 24 hrs a day while their team in trying to prep in the most preparatory demanding sport out of the big 5

Football historically has a step tradition of militarism and the nationalism that goes along with so I understand their desire to keep the anthem in play -- but it's the media who is fucking loving the controversy; and, ESPN in particular salivate at the protest being polarizing, so I am surprised they are axing it.

Media frenzy is the reason Colin is not playing -- no GM or coach wants to deal with OJ Simpson levels of lens and reporters grilling every member of the staff and team about it 24 hrs a day while their team in trying to prep in the most preparatory demanding sport out of the big 5
Ha ha, good point. I'd tune in just for the anthem so I could see who's not standing.

for anyone who remembers, more times than not the anthem was not telecast until after 911.
it would occur during the first set of ads prior to kick off.
even though I hate espn, I think it's a good move. I love my country but I don't need to hear a dreary ass song before every fucking game.

Seconded. I’m a war vet and I love America but don’t even show it and remove the controversy all together. Have the teams stay in the locker room for it.

ESPN has turned into toxic PC driving hard left since 2005 or so. I can’t watch anything on it no more which is a shame I use to love SC and PTU among other shows. The over correction of being PC and the topics they talk about has killed it for me and they will keep losing money and employees not to mention their double standards. Oh a famous great pitcher is fired for a right leaning meme, wow a left leaning black woman can make several racist remarks nah her ppl were oppressed 200 years ago and add a female host to every sports panel .. I’m not surprised they doing this.

Seconded. I’m a war vet and I love America but don’t even show it and remove the controversy all together. Have the teams stay in the locker room for it.
You know what will happen then ? The players kind of like Kaep will go CT and say the NFL and networks are racists and silence their messages

I haven't watched espn in years .. this almost makes me wanna call up directv and tell them to take the channel off my lineup altogether .. this doesn't make much sense on their part

ESPN has turned into toxic PC driving hard left since 2005 or so. I can’t watch anything on it no more which is a shame I use to love SC and PTU among other shows. The over correction of being PC and the topics they talk about has killed it for me and they will keep losing money and employees not to mention their double standards. Oh a famous great pitcher is fired for a right leaning meme, wow a left leaning black woman can make several racist remarks nah her ppl were oppressed 200 years ago and add a female host to every sports panel .. I’m not surprised they doing this.

You know what will happen then ? The players kind of like Kaep will go CT and say the NFL and networks are racists and silence their messages

True. But Pandora’s Box has been opened on this and no matter what someone is going to bitch. It’s such a mess anyway. Racial injustice to fuck Trump to forced to stand to who’s gonna kneel...such a mess. I love sports so I hate when sports and politics produce a fucked up love child.

<{vega}>

I don't think I'll ever understand why people would be offended if they show it or not. Its not like you stand up in your house when it comes on, so why would you care if they show it?

What happened to you ESPN?
20150627104416_zzzz.JPG
They no for gay jesus.

The NFL players should have protested racism some other way. You don't do it with the anthem and flag. This isn't over and things aren't looking good for the NFL the next several years. Remember this.

That was like the same weekend of gay marriage. And it's funny. Dana was so angry with him LOL. Don't forget Jesus got taken a whole different way.
The day a fighter became a meme.

The national anthem shouldn't be played at sporting events, especially with all the diversity these days.

lol the sherdog nerds who are shitting on the country’s national anthem

go figure

So they believe that not showing the anthem is going to make this better...lol...wow. They really do not know the fans at all.

If the protests bothered a person, not showing the anthem is going to bother them even MORE and perhaps some there were not also.

Did you not read the article? ESPN had never broadcast the national anthem before. They aren't changing anything.

I served as an infantryman in both Afghanistan and Iraq. Something 99% of our Trump supporters here haven't, and never will. If you need to see the national anthem before every football game, you are a cunt. No two ways about it.

Did you not read the article? ESPN had never broadcast the national anthem before. They aren't changing anything.

I served as an infantryman in both Afghanistan and Iraq. Something 99% of our Trump supporters here haven't, and never will. If you need to see the national anthem before every football game, you are a cunt. No two ways about it.

It's fine if they don't play it but the damaged is done.
If they play it show respect.
I served and my family and many friends served. I lost family and friends and have seen the flag cover them and handed to the family plenty of times in my life.
Like I said for me fuck football and it will never be on a tv at my home.
Take a knee after each touchdown or anything like that and it becomes something between you and your employer. This was a fuck you to people I cared about and lost.

Huh. Well, it fits northern Florida pretty well at least.

I looked up Texas's song and apparently it isn't "Deep in the Heart of Texas" like I would have assumed. It does sound like a legit state song though

Every nice place gets messed up by too many people wanting to move there. Seattle, San Fran. South Florida is a wasteland. Miami is an armpit.

I would rather each team have their own song like universities do.

Back