News ESPN to lay off 300. Is Ariel in danger?

MMA is booming right now. One of the few professional sporting events that was able to consistently put on shows during the pandemic

Doubtful

This, UFC has legit been saving Espn’s ass, the consistent ratings it has pulled for them has been a god send for them. It’s probably why TUF is coming back, ESPN wants even more UFC content

ariel is pretty good at what he does. some people just can't handle someone who looks a little weird.

They need an MMA department and probably only employed 3-4 people in total. Ariel is fine. I do hope they fire like 95% of their NBA staff.

MMA journalism is next level bad and devoid of talent.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one that thinks so. It's like listening to weekend radio shows. Its just very bad.

He build the ESPN MMA channel so I doubt it.

300 layoff? Where dafuq my espn+ money going to then?

I guess it depends on who is delivering ratings and making advertisers happy. I have no idea where Ariel's show fits in to that.

What was even better was Dana's reaction when Ariel was hired.

The Mac life will pick him up.

Ariel is one of the few MMA "journalists" who's willing to ask a tough question, and some of the goofs on here hope he gets canned?

Ariel also does NBA sideline reporting for ESPN. I'm sure they will keep him around.

Ariel is one of the few MMA "journalists" who's willing to ask a tough question, and some of the goofs on here hope he gets canned?

Yes because he's shit on ESPN.....conflict of interest....he works for the same company that the UFC is on. There is no question Ariel was better on MMAFighting because there was zero connection. Ariel got chocked out by Dana's bodyguard back then and leaked major things like Lesnar's return at UFC 200.

Ariel will be one of the last ones. They've even used him for other sports.

Back