News ESPN to lay off 300. Is Ariel in danger?

I think Ariel is at his best when he's not working for ESPN to be honest, though can't fault him for the gig.

He's probably the biggest name in MMA journalism. Unless they have a personal reason against him surely they won't get rid of him thinking he's useless.

575638f925b1f136015194.gif
Damn his crying hasn’t aged well.

Is Anyone listening to him?
BTW how come he is never taking part in UFC press conferences any longer , did he get banned again?

If they are going to get rid of anyone on the MMA beat, it will be Marc Raimondi first.

If anything Okomoto might be in trouble - but even he's probably safe as he's the line to Dana.

I think Ariel is at his best when he's not working for ESPN to be honest, though can't fault him for the gig.
This.
The only show I used to always watch was the MMA Beat with Ariel, Luke, Chuck and Jeff. Sometimes i was watching Ariel's own show too where he was inviting quests.
Now it's just too much of everything everywhere, everybody seems to have their own gig now, Ariel split it to like 5 different ones. Hard to keep track of what to watch when and where.

Last edited:
This.
The only show I used to always watch was the MMA Beat with Ariel, Luke, Chuck and Jeff. Sometimes i was watching Ariel's own show too where he was inviting quests.
Now it's just too much of everything everywhere, everybody seems to have their own gig now, Ariel split it to like 5 different ones.

MMA Beat was the GOAT MMA show

Mma-beat-header.jpeg

ESPN has 4000 employees. And obviously most of them aren't on-air personalities and celebrities. So it's very unlikely.
They will definitely be cutting some shows tho
It’s not like they’re worried about the guys they’re paying minimum wage to

The ESPN and UFC deal is going very well so it's doubtful they would ruin that at the moment.

Welcome to the U.S.A. under Biden. Layoffs have already startedb

Hes probably blowing an executive there, so no...

Can't stand him and never watch any of his videos, unless I know it's someone abusing the weasel

He could be interviewing my own brother and I would still refuse to watch

Helwani isn't even a cutting edge journalist, all he does is ask basic questions about steroid use and placement of fights, but even that is considered too edgy for UFC so Dana slanders him and some braindead UFC fans take Dana at his word. Ariel has literally done nothing wrong in terms of his reporting.

Back