News ESPN to lay off 300. Is Ariel in danger?

I doubt it. Love him or hate him, his stupid shtick gets views. I mean Luke Thomas is doing well in the fightsphere right now and he failed hilariously at filling Little Mermaid’s shoes.

Obviously the state of journalism is bad period and sports journalism is beyond stupid, but MMA journalism is next level bad and devoid of talent. I think the only actual talent we’ve seen in mma journalism was Jack Encarnacao and it was just a stepping stone for him.
True. We have people like The Schmo... embarrassing

Reactions: JSN
oh man that would be sweet! only way it could be better is if Ariel's reaction to it got live streamed
Ahh, wishing for a man with a family to lose his job in the middle of a pandemic with no work available. N then on top of that you wish to see him cry when his life is in shambles.

what a great human being you must be. Just a bundle of joy I’m sure.

Helwani will keep his job. Not sure about some of the other MMA people, for example writers for the website.

Can they get rid of booger?

I doubt it. Love him or hate him, his stupid shtick gets views. I mean Luke Thomas is doing well in the fightsphere right now and he failed hilariously at filling Little Mermaid’s shoes.

Obviously the state of journalism is bad period and sports journalism is beyond stupid, but MMA journalism is next level bad and devoid of talent. I think the only actual talent we’ve seen in mma journalism was Jack Encarnacao and it was just a stepping stone for him.

Jack is GOAT interviewer, truly brilliant work.

Reactions: JSN
Brett is a boring interviewer.

Gotta love his accuracy though. In articles he'll often state a non title fight. No kidding, if a champion isn't defending a title, of course it isn't a title fight

This is actually quite sad. These mass “furloughs” (which seems to be a way of concealing actual layoffs to avoid hysteria) in almost every major company worldwide is crazy. Due to Covid, the small businesses are going out of business and major corporations are laying people off in record numbers. Unemployment is skyrocketing. I thank God everyday that my business is sustainable through these tough economic times but my heart goes out to those less fortunate.

Do they have a buch of MMA shows? They have the UFC, anything MMA related should be safe for now.

It's not just ESPN. A lot of companies have trimmed the fat from their staffs.

I think as horrible as these economic catastrophes are, many of us don't even realize how truly fucked up and terrifying this is for millions of people.

I live in a community where the biggest problem most people are enduring is having to work from home while their kids are attending online school from home as well, but I've been dwelling lately on how frightening this must be for so many people. Laid off and minimal opportunities in sight.

Honestly didn't even know he was with ESPN now, the guys a hack who has always dug for and promoted drama.

He said from the start he was a WWE fan who found it easier to crack into MMA

I highly doubt it, his show with Cormier does great numbers

Pandemic related? That is bullshit, they were sliding down way before the pandemic. They would be fine if they stick to showing and reporting on sports with a light sprinkling of opinion based shows.

Back