News ESPN to lay off 300. Is Ariel in danger?

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
I think not because he's their MMA guy. But what does he really do? Interview fighters? Okomoto can do that.

Sports monolith ESPN informed employees that pandemic-related layoffs are coming Thursday morning. In a company memo obtained by NPR, Jimmy Pitaro, chairman, ESPN and sports content, revealed that 300 people will be laid off. Additionally, 200 open positions will be eliminated, totaling a 10% workforce reduction worldwide.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/05/931882351/pandemic-expedites-espn-employee-purge-hundreds-laid-off

As much as I despise Ariel I like his show with DC. Mostly because of dc. And I don’t even really like Dc, somehow they make it work into a decent show. But I still hate Ariel though.

No one should have to lose a job... but I hope he cries again

oh man that would be sweet! only way it could be better is if Ariel's reaction to it got live streamed
575638f925b1f136015194.gif

I've noticed they rarely have the normal short article's summarizing nfl and college football matchups. I think they are keeping the stats guys and the well known faces/names unless there is a contract where the $$$ is enough the cut gets them to balance.

ESPN Normies who dont watch MMA consider Ariel the Woj of MMA. I remember watching NBA games too and guys like JVG and Breen would call him that. Id be shocked if he got fired

I doubt it. Love him or hate him, his stupid shtick gets views. I mean Luke Thomas is doing well in the fightsphere right now and he failed hilariously at filling Little Mermaid’s shoes.

Obviously the state of journalism is bad period and sports journalism is beyond stupid, but MMA journalism is next level bad and devoid of talent. I think the only actual talent we’ve seen in mma journalism was Jack Encarnacao and it was just a stepping stone for him.

MMA is booming right now. One of the few professional sporting events that was able to consistently put on shows during the pandemic

Doubtful

Naw. Ariel is the Howard Cosell of sports these days

Back