ESPN questions if Ronda hype was fraudulent. Chael says media created her (Video)

media created her...social media destroyed her...good riddance

The storm ... it was perfect

If she had some single or double leg takedowns against Holm and Nunes things could be different. Can't even learn takedowns.

It was like Tropic Thunder where the actors started believing they were soldiers. Rousey bought into a script somebody wrote for her.

Another reason I don't like her. Too arrogant and close minded to evolve one inch. Pathetic.

Last edited:
Wow, spot on commentary...good for espn for even raising the question...

I love how these morons are acting like they are smart for realizing this when we've been saying it for years. lol

I mean the ESPN employees btw. Not Chael or Gib.

The only fraud in that video is chael. Literally convicted of fraud

Lol Ronda's career was make believe. This is my X mas. <{jackyeah}>

It's unfathomable that Ronda spent a year preparing for this fight, and looked worse than she did against Holly (which is hard to imagine). Inexplicable.

Edit: the video showed Nunes throwing 47 strikes...in a 48 second fight?

I love how these morons are acting like they are smart for realizing this when we've been saying it for years. lol

They are quite a bit behind when it comes to anything non Football/Basketball/Baseball

UFC hype machine created Ronda and ESPN sucked it up , they should be embarrassed

The sports talk shows should be hilarious monday.

If i didn't have to work Monday i'd be glued to undisputed and first take.

It's always good to see the rare occassions that the real media, peaks their heads into the MMA media world and notices the bullshit going on lol

Amen brother. Sports media personalities all flabbergasted that Ronda might not in fact be a once ever athlete as she was touted for so long.

No sane observer doubts that she was legit. It was the extreme hype (once EVAH, beat half of the BW males) we don't like.

People have to stop this, you are either the champ or you're a fraud, can, etc.

I'm not going to say anything about Chael. He's just a clown. But we call Rogan a crackbaby with the IQ of a tick. But the combined MMA media could only dream of reaching the mental capacity of a tick.

I agree that wrestling in general is more effective than Judo for MMA, but for Chael to say that it is useless is kind of funny considering an Olympic Judoka (Rousey) beat an Olympic wrestler (McMann). Also, Karo Parisyan used to throw people around and a large part of Sambo and BJJ guys' takedowns is based on Judo (good examples are Fedor and Demian Maia).

Also, Judo used to have a decent amount of submissions and ground/position fighting before they ruined the sport by changing the rules. Chael showing some hate here to the sport of Judo..

Pretty much spot on. But also, when someone as good as Ronda is with Judo and armbars fights nothing but wrestlers and lacklustered strikers, she's bound to win. But put that fighter in front are real strikers with some strength...it's a wrap.

if Ronda is overrated then so is holly and nunes since Ronda whooped the girls who finished both of them
Cat%2BZingano%2BFinishes%2BAmanda%2BNunes%2BUFC%2B178.gif

ufc-196-8-tate-finishwatermarked.gif

Back