Media ESPN On Cyborg's Loss - Comparisons Between GSP and Rousey

Sansnom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Short video about Cyborg's lost against Amanda Nunes.

Great fighters go through extremes when they lose. Some fall off the bandwagon like Ronda Rousey and some fix their flaws and go undefeated like Georges St-Pierre.

"Losing changes people. Some for the better, some for worst. How is Cris Cyborg going to respond to her first loss in 13 years"

Last edited:
Man Robin Black is commentating. I don't mind him on stuff like this but I'm not sure sherdog will enjoy

Man Robin Black is commentating. I don't mind him on stuff like this but I'm not sure sherdog will enjoy
Didn't even realize it was him narrating.

I was more suprised that UFC/ESPN would actually portray Rousey negatively lol.

"Losing seemed to break Ronda Rousey. She was rich, she was famous but she was no longer unbeatable. Invincibility was at the root of Ronda's combat identity"

So true

There's no comparison to Rousey. Ronda is a spoiled brat crybaby who hid away for a year+ after losing, refused to ever talk about it, then lost again and repeated that process. Cyborg was signing autographs on the way out of the cage before even getting to the back, so to answer the question in the video, she doesn't need to mentally bounce back, she was mentally strong before and after the loss.

ESPN has some great editors.
That video looked absolutely epic.

Highly recommend watching
Good post TS

Cyborg has already shown she's not like Ronda. She showed up to the press conference with a purple pillow ffs.

A career built on PED's and can crushing, There's no bouncing back. She gets faceplanted 11 out of 10 times by Amanda Nunes.

He sounds like a crazy person.

Great fighters go through extremes when they lose. Some fall off the bandwagon like Ronda Rousey and some fix their flaws and go undefeated like Georges St-Pierre.

"Losing changes people. Some for the better, some for worst. How is Cris Cyborg going to respond to her first loss in 13 years"

Well I would say that GSP lost to Hendricks and when he lost to Serra he actually tapped to strikes which rules him out as an all time great:

gif8.gif

I think she's going to come back stronger, she seems strong mentally. Also, when she lost her first fight she cameback stronger and got 13 years undefeated.

Why I can't watch that video?

Lol nice try. GSP didn't fix anything, he just turned into a safe, boring, lay n pray decision fighter.

Back