ESPN+ increase subscription prices

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

ESPN+ is about to get more expensive for sports fans. The Disney-owned streaming service is set to hike its monthly subscriber fee from $5.99 to $6.99 per month — equivalent to a 16.7% increase — starting in August, according to a note on the service’s website on Monday.

Annual ESPN+ plans will also increase from $59.99 per year to $69.99 per year. Both price changes will go into effect on Aug. 13. The price hikes come a few days after ESPN+ was the exclusive provider for the third UFC fight between Dustin Poirier and Conor McGregor, which ESPN+ subscribers needed to pay an extra $70 to watch.

Seems a bit of a ripoff to pay a subscription service and pay a PPV amount on top of that...how is DAZN able to pay millions to Canelo without a PPV model? afaik they dont have one, their subscription is probably more expensive than ESPN+ tho.

worth it just for free fights and euro 2020

not to mention all the other matches they had for Wimbledon and the tennis stuff they broadcast, MLB stuff, hell, my dad watches cricket on there sometimes.

It's worth 6 and worth the $7 as well, but hopefully this doesn't become a bi-annual tradition of hiking the price up $1-2 at a time until it eventually becomes $15.

With that said, if they can increase the price of Disney+ and Disney is getting most of the benefits of the online sales tax hike in Florida, it'd be cool if they gave all their employee's $15+ an hour and stop fucking people over with time so they can get benefits too, dickheads.

ESPN+ is about to get more expensive for sports fans. The Disney-owned streaming service is set to hike its monthly subscriber fee from $5.99 to $6.99 per month — equivalent to a 16.7% increase — starting in August, according to a note on the service’s website on Monday.

Annual ESPN+ plans will also increase from $59.99 per year to $69.99 per year. Both price changes will go into effect on Aug. 13. The price hikes come a few days after ESPN+ was the exclusive provider for the third UFC fight between Dustin Poirier and Conor McGregor, which ESPN+ subscribers needed to pay an extra $70 to watch.

This app sucks. It works fairly well on an ipad but it is so glitchy with the TV. I have to update almost everytime I use it . I hate it and I actually have not purchased fights I would have otherwise because of the app. I am getting more and more of my MMA fix outside the UFC. Shitty app, distaste for Dana and more and more for Rogan irresponsible behavior, way they pay the fighters, I'll save my money.

Will the Hulu+Disney+ESPN package price also go up? That is such a good deal. Disney+ content is so much better than Netflix.

Disney hiked their prices recently too. That bundle is becoming less and less lucrative.

it is, well they are going toe to toe with Netflix now and have been doing great with subscribers. So they are in a position to charge more since Netflix is charging more than them.

did watch a fair amount of Wimbledon it and one day will binge-watch all the 30/30 shows. Funny, still can't use the app to watch anything. But several ufcs a month easily makes it worth it.

Back