ESPN+, How do I get it on my smart tv?

bigconan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't seem to figure out how to get this channel.. why is everything so difficult? Why can't this be on their regular espn channel I already have?

Anyone know exactly how to get this channel? I have a sony smart tv.

Its an easy 13 step process.

I can't seem to figure out how to get this channel.. why is everything so difficult? Why can't this be on their regular espn channel I already have?

Brand of smart TV?

Then search for ESPN+ and install it.. it's subscription based so extra $ monthly.

It's odd. I installed it last night . There is no ESPN app for samsung (there was a Samsung ESPN app but it looked wrong in some way). I googled it and was advised to get the app on my Amazon fire stick, which I did.

The login is weirder yet. You set up an account on the espn plus website. When you login on the Amazon app, it prompts you to go to a mobile or desktop browser and enter some confirmation code - that is, the app itself doesn't take and store your login credentials.

Just go to the event, and record it on your phone. Keep your eyes closed so theres no spoliers. Then go back home and play it on your TV.

It's not a channel, it's an app. You might need a smarter TV.

It's odd. I installed it last night . There is no ESPN app for samsung (there was a Samsung ESPN app but it looked wrong in some way). I googled it and was advised to get the app on my Amazon fire stick, which I did.

The login is weirder yet. You set up an account on the espn plus website. When you login on the Amazon app, it prompts you to go to a mobile or desktop browser and enter some confirmation code - that is, the app itself doesn't take and store your login credentials.

I just go old school. ESPN+ Webpage on PC, HDMI out to TV (or 100" projector in my case).

I got a Sony smart TV too. but I got the ESPN station added by geek squad. You need to call them up

I just go old school. ESPN+ Webpage on PC, HDMI out to TV (or 100" projector in my case).

I hate having to run to my computer every time I want to pause or rewind. The app at least affords me remote control capability. I had to go that route when I still used Fightpass because the smart TV app would never work at all, and always found it highly obnoxious.

So has FightPass been rebranded or is this something new in addition to?

Don't buy a SmartTV from the ChiComms next time.

That's just how the fire stick installs apps. I have one too. That's a one time thing so you don't have to side load it.

Do you have an ESPN+ approved TV? If not that's okay, there's just an adapter you'll need to buy ($69.99) as well as an extra $2.99 per month service fee.

or you can just stream it and avoid all this dumb shit

Just mirror the ipad or phone to the tv using Google Home

Back