ESPN exec: "Ariel's not going to shy away from reporting something if Dana doesn't want it reported"

1474990611309.png
I hope Ariel keeps trolling the pink moon-faced goof.

eh, bs. espn paid huge sums to broadcast the ufc. they're not going to just go hardcore on them. ariel does some light criticizing just to make believe that he's opposition

The UFC has a trump like effect. Anythin gnegative reported seems to just lead to bigger ratings. So I dont think this is an issue. ESPN wouldnt want to eat its own profits, so I'm sure it would gladly withhold stories/information if it would harm their viewership. But that doesnt seem to be the case, so go for it.

I like this cause Ariel isn't going to be afraid to actually ask questions we want to know unlike the other journalists who are bending over for Dana. To everyone ripping on Ariel he's going to be asking questions we've all wanted to know. Granted, Dana will either dance around the question or tell him to go ask someone else but it's a step in the right direction.

Lol partnering with ESPN is gonna prove to be a mistake for Dana. ESPN won’t be bullied or pushed around by the bald goof.

It isn't surprising that Dana hasn't figured out yet that he doesn't want the UFC to be perceived as bush league that he has to stop acting like it is bush league. On the other hand, I have no doubt that is employers do realize that and feel like mainstream credibility is less beneficial to the bottom line than keeping the familiar clown as the face of the organization.

Espn wants the controversy. If Ariel can make enough noise about Greg hardy people will likely think hey I need to see this asshole get his ass kicked. It doesn’t hurt the ufc either. It just makes dana look scummy but make him money

i dont hate ariel but a lot of his questions can be stupid he likes to start shit between fighters lol "he said this about u " type of shit lmaoooo

In breaking news: It seems Ariel looking back wasn't too happy with Quinton and this " Memphis squashing " thing.
Ariel in a recent interview says " there's one guy that needs to know we're eye to eye as far as what I do (report) and what he does (fight). Rampage will never clown me again and we do need to squash this thing and it'll come in the form of an apology by him......Ill be waiting next time we cross"

Holy mother of ... Ariel grew a set and in a big way.
(Good for him- he might get open handed across the noggin but he'll stand tall and legally pursue him).

What’s the “Memphis squashing” thing?

The first event hasn't even gone off and they're chirping each other. Haha. How long is this contract again?

What’s the “Memphis squashing” thing?
A couple of years ago, " apparently " rampage had some issue with Ariel (he was basically clowning him but Ariel took it serious ).So Ariel catches up with rampage and wants to now what'd he'd done to get on Quinton s bad side and whatever it is he wanted to " squash " the matter now .Lol- so rampage was holding something , drops it and gets close to Ariel , mean mugs him and says " In Memphis, you know what squashing a matter means ?? [ as in he's ready to throw down with Ariel right there and then].
Of course , Ariels face turns pale and says " no I didn't know that " and " then I don't want to squash things with you". Then rampage goes " you don't -- then what do you want to do about this??"

pretty funny stuff as Ariel was just physically scared and didn't know what to say.Rampage, off course, didnt do anything but didn't crack a smile either (like he was being serious).

Sure the whole ado can be google/utubed- funny stuff

honestly id rather watch Dana and the Bad Guy

It's not something they should really have to say.
The sports they cover should have no impact or control over the stories they run.
They're just welcoming the UFC to the world real sports have been in forever.
Are you not aware of what UFC did to Ariel Helwani when he was at Fox Sports? They fired him, feinted his scoops were wrong then hand fed them to their chosen press member to break, threatened to expose him and his integrity since UFC was signing his Fox Sports paychecks.

Don't forget FOX News aka Fake News. I don't blame ESPN for wanted to clearly separate themselves from slimeballs.

Good. You idiots will hate him for it though.

Nice spin, but pretty clear to anyone who read their “coverage” of picogate is that they were 100% on board with pretending it was all legit and Jones was clean

So while Ariel is allowed to instigate for views, you best believe they will be protecting a brand they just signed a huge contract with and especially one that isn’t as popular as ball sports and has a fringe following

Back