ESPN debut averaged 1.956 million viewers.

Longevity is the key. Nothing to really perceive here. UFC on Fox 1 debuted at something like 6 million viewers and look how horribly those ratings plummeted over time.

This card delivered in terms of action, and that was definitely a huge boon toward the potential for prolonged success, but we'll see.
These were prelims. Not Velasquez vs. Dos Santos for the heavyweight title.

The prelims for Saturday night's UFC on ESPN+ debut show from Brooklyn, which aired on ESPN and were headlined by Donald Cerrone's second round TKO win over Alexander Hernandez, averaged 1.956 million viewers.

That number is higher than any Fight Night prelims show or pay-per-view prelims during the FOX/FS1 era. It's the highest prelims audience total since the prelims for UFC 126 in February 2011 did two million viewers on Spike TV.

The UFC 126 prelims were also headlined by Cerrone, who defeated Paul Kelly.

In fact, only two main cards on FS1 beat this number, with Conor McGregor's January 2015 fight with Dennis Siver at 2.751 million viewers and TJ Dillashaw's January 2016 fight with Dominick Cruz doing 2.288 million.

The show did have a strong lead-in with the Virginia/Duke NCAA basketball game that immediately preceded it doing an average of 3.764 million viewers.
This confirms Cejuda as a super star. Mexicans and Roman Catholics supporting their guy

This for sure translates cash cow

Lets see how it does when people arent able to use the free trial lol. Im guessing it will be 1/3 of that or less. It will be even lower when the rest realize the fucked up stream is the quality they put out all the time.

Why are so many people complaining about the quality of the stream when it's the fault of ESPN + but their own device's/set up's fault? I've had ESPN + since the Pacquiao-Matthysse fight a few months ago & I've watched every boxing card that it's telecast since as well as Saturday's UFC event & I've encountered no problems whatsoever other than a wee bit of buffering during that Pacquiao fight. It's always in perfect HD too.
Of course, I run the app through my Amazon Firestick & I have Spectrum's best residential wifi. So, I have to believe that any problems folks are having are due to their own equipment/subpar wifi.

These were prelims. Not Velasquez vs. Dos Santos for the heavyweight title.

My point was not a relative comparison between their debut numbers. I'm just pointing out that these are debut numbers, and that while consistency in viewership at that level would be good for both parties, it has been indicated by recent Fox history that it may drop significantly.

Why are so many people complaining about the quality of the stream when it's the fault of ESPN + but their own device's/set up's fault? I've had ESPN + since the Pacquiao-Matthysse fight a few months ago & I've watched every boxing card that it's telecast since as well as Saturday's UFC event & I've encountered no problems whatsoever other than a wee bit of buffering during that Pacquiao fight. It's always in perfect HD too.
Of course, I run the app through my Amazon Firestick & I have Spectrum's best residential wifi. So, I have to believe that any problems folks are having are due to their own equipment/subpar wifi.

TBF there were issues that were ESPN+ related & not user issues

but that seemed due to many signing up at the same time so it should not occur again

TBF there were issues that were ESPN+ related & not user issues

but that seemed due to many signing up at the same time so it should not occur again

OK. Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't hear about that before now.
Did the issues only affect new subscribers? Must have because, again, I didn't experience any problems.

OK. Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't hear about that before now.
Did the issues only affect new subscribers? Must have because, again, I didn't experience any problems.

A lot had a ten minute downtime when the main card started.
Including myself
I signed up earlier that day with no issue

Including myself
I see.
Other than that, how did it work out for you? How was your picture quality? Great, like mine, I hope.

ESPN knows how to hype sports events and the card was good. nothing really here.

I see.
Other than that, how did it work out for you? How was your picture quality? Great, like mine, I hope.

A few minor issues, but the quality was great
The issues I had were when I would pause & try to restart.
I would guess that was due to others starting up

Once I was about 30-40 minutes in on the main card it went smooth

Including myself

i just went sailing and the seas were ripe with content Frankie mah boi! [<cena1}<21>

My point was not a relative comparison between their debut numbers. I'm just pointing out that these are debut numbers, and that while consistency in viewership at that level would be good for both parties, it has been indicated by recent Fox history that it may drop significantly.

People didn’t watch because it was a debut. The card was promoted well and lots of people watched the channel because of ESPN is a high rated network. They were prelims and did better viewership than some Fox main cards.

Fox ratings would have been high if UFC put real fights on there. They put Dillashaw in a title fight on FS1 and they killed there too. It’s about what you’re putting on, not UFC branding. If they put stars on TV, people will watch.

thats great... the prelims were cracking too....

wonder what the espn+ portion is gonna be..

Back