ESPN countdown of 25 greatest fights. Conor-Nate take #1 & 2

I remember after Diaz-McGregor 2, all the mainstream media dipshits were creaming their pants over how that was the best fight they had ever seen lmao. Welcome to MMA, That's what a 7/10 fight looks like.

If they just aired it now it’s to obviously hype the Conor fight this weekend

Lmao what a joke. Good fights, but def not 1 and 2. Probably not even in the top 25 at all.
Youre biased or a hater if you dont think the 2nd fight deserves a spot in the top 25. Go back and watch it again and tell me you feel the same way. Conor was picking Nate apart until Nates epic comeback. Conor was also first guy to knockdown Diaz multiple times (3). Fight ended with near even sig strikes on both ends. (160~). Im probably the biggest Rory Mac fan on this forum and I think Nate/Conor 2 was a better fight than Rory/Lawler 2.

DY6WRcqW4AIVWwe.jpg
Holy shit how did Griffin vs Rampage make the cut!! #16 at that! I'd put BJ vs Diego miles before that and I dont even think that cracks the top 25.

Youre biased or a hater if you dont think the 2nd fight deserves a spot in the top 25. Go back and watch it again and tell me you feel the same way. Conor was picking Nate apart until Nates epic comeback. Conor was also first guy to knockdown Diaz multiple times (3). Fight ended with near even sig strikes on both ends. (160~). Im probably the biggest Rory Mac fan on this forum and I think Nate/Conor 2 was a better fight than Rory/Lawler 2.

OR I just have a different opinion than you. Stop crying man.

It was a good fight but I don't recall remembering it as an all time great, probably not even a great fight. Conor looked good early then gassed, Nate took over for a bit, Conor ran around for a bit, ended up having a lot of tired exchanges in the later rounds.

This, basically. It was quite fun to watch live, and but not even worth rewatching IMO. I rewatched it once, and it was actually a semi boring fight. Ranking it this high is insane.

I don't like the structure of the gregor vs Diaz rematch.
It was pretty much like that:
r1,2: K1 Conor
r3.,4: Nate takes over
r5: Conor has a little second wind but looks patetic and inactive while doing so.

It didn't feel heroic like Izzy vs Kelvin for example.

Yep. It felt kind of messy and sloppy rather than an action packed back and forth battle like dunno, Morales Vs Barrera.

Everything I’ve ever read that’s been published by espn that wasn’t about football, baseball or basketball has been bad to the point of being embarrassing.

It was fun for 2 rounds.

Rounds 4 and 5 were boring.

4 was conor running away and jabbing Diaz while he laughed at conor.

5th was a clinch fest with Diaz not being able to get conor down rofl.
He had conor down in 5th

It obviously depends on the age of the voters, and because when that show was made the Conor vs Nate fights were more recent. Plus all the teeny McGregor fans voted many times.

What about Lawler - MacDonald??? Hendo - Shogun??? Poirier, Gaethje and Luque have each participated in multiple exciting fights.

Nate Diaz - Conor McGregor 1 is possibly a Top 25 fight. Nate Diaz - Conor McGregor 2 was not even a Top 100 fight.

Being 1 & 2 is ridiculous, as is acting like the 2 fights weren't great because they were.

You remember where you were & who all was there the night of both those fights. The 1st fight was particularly memorable if you had people over & they went as crazy as all of my casual friends went when Nate rocked him & choked him out.

Back