ESPN.COM: "Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather II? Here we go again"

Sorry, let me clarify. What I meant to ask was, do you think Conor will make more money fighting Mayweather 2 than fighting vs. Khabib?

Yes, not even close.

I don’t think there is a chance at a second. The first one made zero sense. How are you going to sell a fighter coming off a loss in his own backyard fighting the greatest boxer of his generation again? Maybe I’m giving people too much credit here but I’m astounded as the amount of morons that believed Conor had a chance the first time or the fight lasting 10 rounds was somehow a credit to Conor’s boxing ability. It was never a fight to be taken seriously. Two men made a lot of money on idiots that expected that to be more than a glorified sparring session (McFanboys).

In short, it didn’t make sense before from a legitimate fight standpoint. It makes less than zero sense now if Conor loses to Khabib.
Completely agree. Whether he wins or loses he doesn't belong in a ring with Floyd. He can satisfy the haters and huggers by fighting canelo or ggg. He gets paid which his huggers love, and rational people who can't stand new money douchebags gets to see him body bagged.

If I hear him mention Floyd after this fight I am going to be pissed off.. If Conor wins, the GSP fight is going to be right there. Biggest MMA fight of all time. Focus on that please..

Do you guys mean the UFC will have Ferguson switch in to fight Khabib at UFC 299, and pull Conor out, so he can fight Mayweather 2?

Khabib has a history of pulling out. Who knows though, UFC has had a ton of pull outs this year.

Only care if its against a boxer with KO potential.

Conors first fight was a fail.

Getting TKO against a pillow fisted opponant is an embarrasment.

You know what's really embarrassing though?

When you can't spell 'opponent' and 'embarrassment'.

Like I have been saying, Floyd carried Conor in the first fight to make it looks somewhat competitive. He did this to plant the seed for a rematch which is a smart business move.

1. If Conor is supposedly scheduled to fight Khabib, how can he fight Mayweather 2?

2. If Conor loses to Khabib, would this lower the value of the Mayweather 2 fight?

1 - They're probably not going to fight on the same day.
2 - Yes

Agree! They cannot sell the Mayweather rematch if Conor loses to Khabib.

Knowing that Dana and the UFC are after the big payday, do you think they would risk Conor losing to Khabib, or do you think they would try to match Conor vs. Mayweather 2 instead?

They’re already balls deep on beeb/McG. They need the ufc to have its stand alone blockbuster fight. This is as close as it’s going to get unless they can make GSP/McG.

It's only fair if Floyd goes to Conor's world next and fights him in the cage.

If not, then fuck off.

1 - They're probably not going to fight on the same day.
2 - Yes

If losing to Khabib lowers the value of Conor vs. Mayweather 2, what would Dana / UFC do to prevent this?

Is anybody surprised by this?
When's the last time two fighters both made 9 figures for one nights work? Say what you want, but that's incredible business on both sides.

Both are just gonna milk this as much as possible.

<Fedor23>
They would not make that much a second time. Is it not strange how even after making 9 figures they are still greedy for more?! When is enough ‘enough’. I make $50000 a year and that seems good enough

Only care if MMA, or special rules that allow kick, elbows and stuff
I'd love to see a MMA fight. Even kickboxing would be better than straight boxing again. Floyd is one of the best ever, Conor isn't. A rematch doesn't go any differently.

It's only fair if Floyd goes to Conor's world next and fights him in the cage.

If not, then fuck off.
How is it "only fair"? He called out Mayweather. Not the other way around. After the fight gets made Conor starts popping that "real fight" bullshit. Ain't no weight classes in a real fight. Tell him to meet Jones on the middle of the street if he's so goddamn alpha like you pussies tend to think.

Honestly, its gonna be a mockery of the sport if they decide to go again. Conor got his ass whooped the first time round, now hes gonna go again for his second pro boxing fight against the same boxing connoisseur for everyone to see the exact same result? Honestly, I wont be buying that fight again. If other suckers wanna though, I aint gonna object.

If Conor is serious about the sport, he should start of small, otherwise stop tryna make a huge pay cheque once again in a sport where you dont belong right now.
“Stop offending overly sensitive boxing fans for the sake of earning 100 million dollars in one night.”
I’m sure he’ll take this into consideration.

I mean obviously the Khabib fight will happen first still lol...if the Mayweather rematch is going to happen it will be a good while until it actually happens again 2019.

Nope.

The minute I saw Floyd play patty-cake and carry Conor for 9 rounds I knew another boxing match was coming.

The only people who bought that shitty spectacle are McG fans who think he actually did well. The guy is boxing's CM Punk.

You sound salty as fuck

Only care if its against a boxer with KO potential.

Conors first fight was a fail.

Getting TKO against a pillow fisted opponant is an embarrasment.
meanwhile everyone whose fought floyd has said he hits a lot harder than they thought.

And conor the supposed left hand that no one could take . . . yeah floyd ate that like ice cream.

Floyd's helping him get PPV for this one by keeping his name out there

Back