ESPN Asks Vitor About TRT, His Answer Is Kind of Vague; Bisping Responds.

I have zero evidence but I am going to say far more Brazilian MMA fighters are on TRT than just Belfort. I would even venture to speculate the best Brazilian fighter on the planet is on TRT because age catches up with everyone and if you are on TRT that doesnt mean you look like the Incredible Hulk

So let me ask this question. There is no doubt Anderson Silva is the best MMA fighter in the world right now and as he gets older and we all know his career is winding down would you rather he was on TRT and we got to see amazing things from him for another 2-4 years or would you have preferred his career ended 3 years ago?

Personally, I dont care of the guys are on TRT if they are not abusing it.

Interesting question. If it came out that Anderson was on TRT or any PED, I think that his record would have an asterisk next to it. If he's clean (and I really hope that he is), then I think he should retire when he thinks the time is right - I don't think he has another 10 fights in him, but I think he has about 5 amazing performances left (win or lose) over the next 2-3 years.

With Vitor basically giving a very long winded, belated "no comment" It's safe to assume what I gather everyone who has read the statement already is assuming, that he has ben granted an exemption for t.r.t. It's complete bs if you ask me, especially when known steroid users are allowed to take it.

Seems Bisping is taking the build up to this fight seriously with all his comments trying to unnerve Belfort. I hope we wins.

Jon Jones complained how unfair it is to be fighting someone on TRT, how they shouldn't be allowed to compete, and how dishonorable they were. He explained this is one of the reasons he didn't want to fight Chael. So instead of fighting Chael? he decided to fight someone who was........ on TRT. And he even went onto explain what an honorable guy Vitor is.

I just can't wait until Bisping catches word of this. God it's really going to be good.

I think Jon Jones' excuse for not fighting Chael the first time was a scape goat. The real reason IMO was because he was taking advice from Greg Jackson. What was Greg Jackson's reason? He probably wanted to formulate a real game plan and a training camp that could prepare for Chael Sonnen's style. When you have 8 days left before the event begins you only have 1 day training to prepare for something like that. I believe that the last 7 days before the fight the training stops AFAIK.

Belfort shouldn't be allowed to use TRT, I thought in order to get a TUE you needed to have never tested positive for steroid use? If not, the system is an even bigger joke than I previously thought.

It's always been a joke. Guys like Marquardt and Duffee all of a sudden don't need it anymore. They've been cured!

The better man will win, period. Who cares what they're on. I'd love to see some numbers about what the win/loss ratio is for guys that get popped for ped's. I hear about guys getting popped after taking a bad beating or just losing in general all the time, so obviously these things don't always have the desired effect.

The bottom line is, steroids don't make you a better fighter. If Vitor is on trt, that's his business. I usually chuckle when someone pisses hot and just got their ass kicked too.

This trt just got invented recently it seems...marketing term that sounds better than steroids, maybe?

The better man will win, period. Who cares what they're on. I'd love to see some numbers about what the win/loss ratio is for guys that get popped for ped's. I hear about guys getting popped after taking a bad beating or just losing in general all the time, so obviously these things don't always have the desired effect.

The bottom line is, steroids don't make you a better fighter. If Vitor is on trt, that's his business. I usually chuckle when someone pisses hot and just got their ass kicked too.

This trt just got invented recently it seems...marketing term that sounds better than steroids, maybe?
So why are so many people taking it if, by your claim, they make no difference?

TRT has no place in sports because it takes away from Youth vs Experience.

now the experienced are also youthful.

its not how natural progression is supposed to work.

So why are so many people taking it if, by your claim, they make no difference?

Because they think it will keep them from losing. If they thought they could win without them, they probably wouldn't take them.

Because they think it will keep them from losing. If they thought they could win without them, they probably wouldn't take them.
So, as far as you're concerned, there is no scientific proof that TRT or other steroids help an athlete?

Bisping turns me off....then he says shit like this and wins me back. Guy is a trip

Doesn't necessarily mean that Vitor is on TRT. Maybe Vitor feels that it is not right of him to give a critical opinion on the matter considering his admitted illegal use of steroids in the past.

TRT has no place in sports because it takes away from Youth vs Experience.

now the experienced are also youthful.

its not how natural progression is supposed to work.

No such thing as 'supposed to'

The ONLY reason a healthy athlete in his 30s would NEED TRT is because he at some point abused steroids and screwed his own test production.

i actually think that he misunderstood the question and answered it as if they asked him about TRT in the sport in general.

that being said, yes i think hes on it.

The ONLY reason a healthy athlete in his 30s would NEED TRT is because he at some point abused steroids and screwed his own test production.

or wrestled since junior high and has been doing extreme weight cutting for 10 or more years.

Back