ESPN 30 For 30 Doc on John Daly: Hit It Hard

G

Guestx

I watched this last night. It's one of the shorter 30 For 30 docs--only 52 minutes--but I enjoyed it. John Daly has always been an interesting, if somewhat tragic, sports figure.

Grip it n' rip it!

Trailer:

Great series.

Definitely an interesting character -- probably the nicest and most personable Tour player towards fans; i just dont think Golf ever saw one of their athletes be so "everyday man" before

I remember him playing a Canadian tour event in the 90's and he had his RV parked in the parking lot of a bar each of the 4 nights -- waitresses would just shuttle pitchers of beer back and forth and he was totally cool with partying with patrons

At one point he had a diet coke and a smoke nearly every hole lol

Is it on Netflix? Been wanting to see that one.

Definitely an interesting character -- probably the nicest and most personable Tour player towards fans; i just dont think Golf ever saw one of their athletes be so "everyday man" before

Yeah, in the doc he talks a lot about his fans and how thankful he is for them. And unlike a lot of celebrities, I think he really means it.

The 30 for 30 on Catholics vs Convicts was pretty lame, bunch of Notre Dame guys doing a circle jerk about their "glory" days in college

I've seen a ton of them and they almost always deliver.
Same. I'm a little biased since I'm a big basketball fan but "Once Brothers" and "Benji" have to be the best ones I've seen. Both stories are really sad.

You would like Chris Herren "Unguarded".
Forgot about that one. I watched it a while ago but yeah that one is really good. I saw a trailer for the next 30 for 30 which is about the XFL. Could be interesting.

I also like that there's usually some life lessons in each of those 30 for 30's.

Same. I'm a little biased since I'm a big basketball fan but "Once Brothers" and "Benji" have to be the best ones I've seen. Both stories are really sad.

Those two I actually haven't watched yet, precisely because the stories are not positive.

A few of my favorites were The U, Roll Tide/War Eagle and Brian and the Boz. But there are so many good ones. I just love the series.

Forgot about that one. I watched it a while ago but yeah that one is really good. I saw a trailer for the next 30 for 30 which is about the XFL. Could be interesting.

I was reading about that one last night. I was disappointed that it hadn't already been released. I bet it will be good.

I also like that there's usually some life lessons in each of those 30 for 30's.

Yeah, many of them are morality tales of sorts, and in some cases cautionary tales to show what can happen if you get off the right path.

Back