ESPN 2019 World's Most Famous Athletes

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Remember the good ol days when MMA had popular guys and boxing relied on 2 uberstars?

5. Conor McGregor (MMA)
15. Khabib Nurmagomedov (MMA)
34. Deontay Wilder (Boxing)
39. Tyson Fury (Boxing)
57. Colin Kaepernick (Football)
63. Anthony Joshua (Boxing)
68. Canelo Alvarez (Boxing)
78. Gennady Golovkin (Boxing)
83. Manny Pacquiao (Boxing)

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/26113613/espn-world-fame-100-2019

39. Tyson Fury (Boxing)

LinedRepentantEagle-size_restricted.gif

Fury bless @Dana's Moonface

Wilder ahead of Canalo?? Really??

And most of you have no idea who the #7 guy is.

Legalize knees on grounded opponents head and Kapernick would be ufc hw champ with 3 month training

Haha. This list... I get Mcgregor and Khabib after all the madness, But Canelo and Triple G outsell all mentioned Boxers combined.

Colin Krapperdink is not an athlete anymore. Stay out 209 Krapperdink, You can't come back home to Turlock

And most of you have no idea who the #7 guy is.
Kind of weird though since its world fame. Outside India, Oz, NZ, England and parts of the Caribbean no one knows him. Also has a few other Indian Cricketers on the list.

Haha. This list... I get Mcgregor and Khabib after all the madness, But Canelo and Triple G outsell all mentioned Boxers combined.
Yea Canelo is easily the most popular boxer in the world (assuming Floyd is *retired*), I love Wilder and Fury - and they put on a better fight than Floyd ever has, but if we are talking fame I don't know how Canelo isn't above Khabib and right up there with McGregor.

Also lucky this is pro's only, because Zion Williamson is more famous than 75% of that list. Shoutout @Threetrees - I know he's watching Duke kill Syracuse right now.

What sport is Kaepernick playing these days?

His last game was in 2016.

I thought khabib wasn't famous because Russians are poor though.

Yea Canelo is easily the most popular boxer in the world (assuming Floyd is *retired*), I love Wilder and Fury - and they put on a better fight than Floyd ever has, but if we are talking fame I don't know how Canelo isn't above Khabib and right up there with McGregor.

Also lucky this is pro's only, because Zion Williamson is more famous than 75% of that list. Shoutout @Threetrees - I know he's watching Duke kill Syracuse right now.
Canelo isn't close to be as famous as Conor.

Canelo isn't close to be as famous as Conor.
Not enough felonies?
In all seriousness... I still think he's more famous than Khabib though, no?

Last edited:
Its based on Instagram followers lol.

Most of Khabibs followers are bots.

Not enough felonies?
In all seriousness... I'd still think he's more famous than Khabib though, no?
Khabib? Probably. But that alone should tell you all about Conor's star power. The only reason Khabib is on this list is because he beat the ridiculously famous Conor and had a huge rivalry with him. Conor is by far the most famous fighter in the world including boxing.

Khabib? Probably. But that alone should tell you all about Conor's star power. The only reason Khabib is on this list is because he beat the ridiculously famous Conor and had a huge rivalry with him. Conor is by far the most famous fighter in the world including boxing.
I hear you. I think Khabib's next fight is gonna do gangbusters at the box office (mostly because of the fame he gained of McGregor), and then after he grinds his way to a boring win the casual fans are gonna realize they don't like him so much anymore... <45>
I still think Canelo is comparable to Conor... I think Conor is more famous but It's close IMO

One baseball player (Bryce Harper) coming in at 99. List is a complete joke...should have been released April 1st.

I hear you. I think Khabib's next fight is gonna do gangbusters at the box office (mostly because of the fame he gained of McGregor), and then after he grinds his way to a boring win the casual fans are gonna realize they don't like him so much anymore... <45>
I still think Canelo is comparable to Conor... I think Conor is more famous but It's close IMO
If they keep putting Khabib against strikers like Holloway and Conor the casuals will eat it up.

Stylistically favorable that make him look like a monster. #1 bullshit.

Back