ESPN’s Kellerman ‘Angry’ Tiger Woods Defended Trump - (Video)

Yzvc6UJMgQcJZ4FUwhSyEhnl9Zt4Wnqz9fruBRfA4Ao.jpg

Why risk alienating a portion of your fans over trying to be a goof and score points over the current political climate. Tiger did what any smart person concerned with green would do

Kellerman is doing it for him. Trying to make athletes face backlash so they are afraid to do anything but support their opinions.

Couple things standout to me as vile but are almost common practice today.

First, the idea that due to his skin color, tiger is not allowed to form his own opinions.

Second, how freely and openly this swine ridicules the POTUS...and by extension is ridiculing half of the country.

I'm not offended and no I don't watch ESPN...haven't in 5 years or so. It's still interesting to see these types of behaviors portrayed as normal and appropriate

Agreed. I got a condescending and arrogant tone from the conversation. The race aspect of it (saying Tiger isn’t really black or black people don’t see Tiger as one of them connotations) were also perplexing. Although not surprising

You and others have said ESPN has lost viewers (your claim is even by the millions!) due to political leanings. Again you've offered nothing at all other than feelings. You've offered zero to refute the correlation between cord cutting, smart phone ownership, and traditional cable/satellite viewership decline.

If ESPN was in as big of trouble as you and others have said, they wouldn't have control over cable/satellite companies that they do to be one of if not the most expensive channel on air

You're really out of your league here

And players taking a knee during the anthem hasn't had any effect on the NFL?

If people had a choice in their bundles how would ESPN be doing? derp

I can't deal with some silver spoon motherfucker being on a high horse like Kellerman can get sometimes.

I remember him trying to make the argument that GGG not wanting to fight Canelo still after the failed tests and fighting another guy made GGG look worse even though Canelo was the one that pissed hot like twice.

Agreed. I got a condescending and arrogant tone from the conversation. The race aspect of it (saying Tiger isn’t really black or black people don’t see Tiger as one of them connotations) were also perplexing. Although not surprising

It is condescending but it's so much more than that, he's talking about his racial makeup and how he should act because of it. And true to form in the twilight zone, nobody cares about that, they care that Tiger didn't trash Trump.

And players taking a knee during the anthem hasn't had any effect on the NFL?

If people had a choice in their bundles how would ESPN be doing? derp
https://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-ratings-faced-steeper-declines-in-2017-2018-1

NFL declined before the whole protest thing really took off. It's continued it's decline. Great analysis by BI here.

However, TV executives argue that the league's push to maximize reach — by increasing the number of Thursday Night Football games and Sunday morning games played in London, for example — has hurt appeal and devalued the sports programming. CBS Sports Chairman Sean McManus said the additional games "diluted the Sunday afternoon packages and affected the ratings," per The Wall Street Journal.

More broadly speaking, shifting consumer viewing preferences have played a role in diminishing NFL audiences. A sizable portion of consumers aren't interested in watching sports programming — 48% of respondents indicated access to sports was not important to a pay-TV subscription, according to an RBC study cited by Variety. Moreover, over 1 million consumers cut the cord in the first three quarters of 2017 alone, which, in turn, likely affected the viewership of live sports and the NFL.

However, the NFL has recently made an aggressive push to increase its digital presence, and will continue to do so to hedge against TV viewership losses moving forward. For example, in December, the NFL signed a deal with Verizon to stream games across Verizon's digital properties on mobile devices, tablets, and OTT devices for free. Additionally, Amazon paid $50 million for the rights to stream 10 Thursday Night Football games this season. Signing these types of deals allows the NFL to maximize its exposure as more consumers turn away from linear TV.

To add, the consumer is spending hard earned dollars elsewhere as well. NFL ticket prices (and everything else just about) have risen as wages have not been rising like they once were

https://www.epi.org/nominal-wage-tracker/

Regarding your last stupid comment, any data to back that up or more just more feelings?

https://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-ratings-faced-steeper-declines-in-2017-2018-1

NFL declined before the whole protest thing really took off. It's continued it's decline. Great analysis by BI here.

However, TV executives argue that the league's push to maximize reach — by increasing the number of Thursday Night Football games and Sunday morning games played in London, for example — has hurt appeal and devalued the sports programming. CBS Sports Chairman Sean McManus said the additional games "diluted the Sunday afternoon packages and affected the ratings," per The Wall Street Journal.

More broadly speaking, shifting consumer viewing preferences have played a role in diminishing NFL audiences. A sizable portion of consumers aren't interested in watching sports programming — 48% of respondents indicated access to sports was not important to a pay-TV subscription, according to an RBC study cited by Variety. Moreover, over 1 million consumers cut the cord in the first three quarters of 2017 alone, which, in turn, likely affected the viewership of live sports and the NFL.

However, the NFL has recently made an aggressive push to increase its digital presence, and will continue to do so to hedge against TV viewership losses moving forward. For example, in December, the NFL signed a deal with Verizon to stream games across Verizon's digital properties on mobile devices, tablets, and OTT devices for free. Additionally, Amazon paid $50 million for the rights to stream 10 Thursday Night Football games this season. Signing these types of deals allows the NFL to maximize its exposure as more consumers turn away from linear TV.

To add, the consumer is spending hard earned dollars elsewhere as well. NFL ticket prices (and everything else just about) have risen as wages have not been rising like they once were

https://www.epi.org/nominal-wage-tracker/

Regarding your last stupid comment, any data to back that up or more just more feelings?
Nothing you've posted proves your point. It's nothing but a bunch of excuses.

Kellerman is doing it for him. Trying to make athletes face backlash so they are afraid to do anything but support their opinions.

Answer by Woods was a non-answer. Ideally he shouldnt have even commented on the subject.

Trump has zero respect for the office. And no surprise a prolific cheater supports a prolific cheater.

To be fair, the LEFT has zero respect for others opinions that don't jive with their own as well.

Basically, EVERYONE SUCKS.

Where's my beer? <13>

Answer by Woods was a non-answer. Ideally he shouldnt have even commented on the subject.

That’s cool but Tiger didn’t bring it up...some reporter asked him a question

I’m sure if he just shrugged his shoulder and said “next question” that would bave been damming in the minds of people like max also

The left keeps making this claim. But, the truth is Conservatives and many Independents have cancelled their newspaper subscriptions, tuned out of places like ESPN, and stopped watching network TV, not because of technology, but because the content is horseshit that continuously attacks their worldview with no balance. Technology may have hurt these mediums, but Leftist propaganda hastened their demise.

Absolutely. I cancelled my HBO now subscription because of this. Having the app and full access to all of their content made it pretty easy to see. I don't care if it's left or right leaning, I just don't want political propaganda mixed into my entertainment. If it is, I will go elsewhere.

And that's different than 'ESPN politics is making people cut the cord' how?
I'm not pretending like my statement is the end all be all. I'm telling you what I've heard and my own personal reason. Sorry that corporate bullshit being shilled by useful morons is gospel for you.

I’m sure if he just shrugged his shoulder and said “next question” that would bave been damming in the minds of people like max also

Not going to sink to hypothesis discussion of a non-trivial matter.

I'm not pretending like my statement is the end all be all. I'm telling you what I've heard and my own personal reason. Sorry that corporate bullshit being shilled by useful morons is gospel for you.
How is he pretending his statement was the end all be all when he repeatedly asked you people to back up your position with actual evidence? (Which none of you did) Seems like he was opened to other thoughts and explanations but wanted evidence to back up those claims, otherwise it's just an excuse.

How is he pretending his statement was the end all be all when he repeatedly asked you people to back up your position with actual evidence? (Which none of you did) Seems like he was opened to other thoughts and explanations but wanted evidence to back up those claims, otherwise it's just an excuse.
Someone else already provided what he asked for. Maybe go back and reread that.

Back