Esparza Will Defend Her Title On UFC 185 Against Jedzrejczyk

UFC Strawweight Champ Carla Esparza on FOX NEWS Dallas
[YT]9oaHV67oot8[/YT]

I wish they would stop saying it's in Dallas. AT&T Stadium is in Arlington. When Texas Stadium was in Irving it at least made more sense to say "Dallas," since it was very close. Arlington is 40 miles away.

Hahaha, it's alright, I have seen my share of Sherdoggers who supposedly heads to L.A to watch fights at the Honda Center, which happens to be 40 miles away in O.C.

Esparza-Jedrzejczyk set for UFC 185 Co-Main

Newly crowned UFC women

The Polish Jedi stuffed all Sexton's takedowns which were double-legs... not very powerful, but judging from that, I think she might find success against Esparza as well.

And I was absolutely right (although I didn't expect such a domination). One thing I noticed was that Joanna would sprawl to her right side against Sexton, but against Esparza she was sprawling to her left side AND hitting Esparza with her powerful right hand on the break each time, something she didn't do against Sexton. Clearly there was a major improvement in counter wrestling even in what, one year span.

He didn't watch close enough

Or he didn't watch the right fight. It was Joanna's Cage Warriors fight against Rosi Sexton in which she revealed her fine sprawling ability to defeat single leg takedowns.

Back