escaping the triangle choke

I learned a great escape from Rener Gracie.

if you are caught with your right arm in the hold, take both of your hands and place them on his right knee next to your ear.

keep your elbows in tight against his leg.

pull down on the knee and lean your weight to the left putting all your weight on his knee,trapping his right leg between the ground and you.
(this will cause him to loose controll of his right leg and hips.)

Next, start walking around counter-clock-wise, meanwhile dragging his thigh on the ground.

his legs have no choice but to spring open.

it's always better to see than to read...

Big Red said:
Oh & two nasty one from a Rutten tape that are good for MMA not that I know but look effective. One is just to except the fact you are in a triangle & reaching with your arms fro their neck & cranking their neck towards their body.. sloppy but would seem to get someone to shift their hips away.

Second... you do the leg^ swoop variation except you leave your knee on their jaw & drop your weight down. Painful looking.

I had the first one done to me a bunch of times. Its hard to do if the guy is bigger, but im small as shit and it always neutralizes my triangle.

the knee to the ground method is what i was taught today in class...

i can't wait to be triangled :icon_excl lol

I find that if you have posture when the triangle is attempted, it's easy to escape, and if you don't have posture when it's locked, you have no realistic chance (unless the guy sucks).

For me it's kind of like armbars -- there are no good escapes when the arm is extended, you are basically finished. Everything is in posture and prevention.

i have stacked out of a triangle. not a fully locked in one i might add, but i doubt thats the argument here as a fully locked submission is over anyways.

btw im 100 kilos.

Back