(Eryk Anders) 5 fights in one calendar year

p4pgoat

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Eryk Anders is scheduled to face Elias Theodorou @ UFC 231 (December 8th), which would be his 5th fight in a year.
Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 2.40.21 PM.png

Firas Zahabi recently said on the JRE that he encourages his fighters to only fight twice a year.

I think this has CTE written all over it. What do you guys think? Also, who else is this active?

EDIT:

ESPN is fucking up--forgot all about Eryk Anders x2. Sherdog > ESPNMMA

Annotation 2019-11-08 143018.png
Annotation 2019-11-08 143239.png

Last edited:
Wow I'm impressed. But still, that can never make me forget about his loss against Machida

Whenever the UFC has an overworked and potentially brain damaged MW they should match him with Elias

They might lose, but they won't add to their CTE at all

Boys hungry.

I like him

Really hoping he KO’s Elias

Dude has the slowest kickboxing ever. Everything telegraphed from a mile away and his hair waving everywhere

In the 29 months from January 1939 through May 1941, Louis defended his title thirteen times, a frequency unmatched by any heavyweight champion since the end of the bare-knuckle era. The pace of his title defenses, combined with his convincing wins, earned Louis' opponents from this era the collective nickname "Bum of the Month Club".[26] Notables of this lambasted pantheon include:

• world light heavyweight champion John Henry Lewis who, attempting to move up a weight class, was knocked out in the first round by Louis on January 25, 1939.[54]
  • "Two Ton" Tony Galento, who was able to knock Louis to the canvas with a left hook in the third round of their bout on June 28, 1939, before letting his guard down and being knocked out in the fourth.[54]
  • Chilean Arturo Godoy, whom Louis fought twice in 1940, on February 9 and June 20. Louis won the first bout by a split-decision, and the rematch by a knockout in the eighth round.[54]
  • Al McCoy, putative New England heavyweight champion, whose fight against Louis is probably best known for being the first heavyweight title bout held in Boston, Massachusetts, (at the Boston Garden on December 16, 1940). The popular local challenger dodged his way around Louis before being unable to respond to the sixth-round bell.[54]
  • Clarence "Red" Burman, who pressed Louis for nearly five rounds at Madison Square Garden on January 31, 1941, before succumbing to a series of body blows.[54]
  • Gus Dorazio, of whom Louis remarked, "At least he tried", after being leveled by a short right hand in the second round at Philadelphia's Convention Hall on February 17.[54]
  • Abe Simon, who endured thirteen rounds of punishment before 18,908 at Olympia Stadium in Detroit on March 21 before referee Sam Hennessy declared a TKO.
  • Tony Musto, who, at 5'7½" and 198 pounds, was known as "Baby Tank." Despite a unique crouching style, Musto was slowly worn down over eight and a half rounds in St. Louis on April 8, and the fight was called a TKO because of a severe cut over Musto's eye.[54][55]
  • Buddy Baer (brother of former champion Max), who was leading the May 23, 1941, bout in Washington, D.C., until an eventual barrage by Louis, capped by a hit at the sixth round bell. Referee Arthur Donovan disqualified Baer before the beginning of the seventh round as a result of stalling by Baer's manager.[54]
Despite its derogatory nickname, most of the group were top-ten heavyweights. Of the 12 fighters Louis faced during this period, five were rated by The Ring as top-10 heavyweights in the year they fought Louis: Galento (overall #2 heavyweight in 1939), Bob Pastor (#3, 1939), Godoy (#3, 1940), Simon (#6, 1941) and Baer (#8, 1941); four others (Musto, Dorazio, Burman and Johnny Paychek) were ranked in the top 10 in a different year.[56]

Whenever the UFC has an overworked and potentially brain damaged MW they should match him with Elias

They might lose, but they won't add to their CTE at all
lol this

Most labored striking since Pendred

I like Anders a lot and his last fight showed he is an absolute warrior.

But fighting this much combined with a lifetime of American football? CTE for sure. Probably was heading down that road before even entering mma.

Thiago Santos, the fighter who just beat Anders, is also doing 5 fights in 2018.

He won me over in the Thiago fight. I know I'm not alone.
War Eryk in his next fight.

I'm worried more about the fact that he's not letting his body rest enough, it feels like he hasn't made any improvements since debuting in the UFC.

He should slow down and just take some time to work on his skill set. Rooting for him against Elias, hopefully he gets the win.

He won me over in the Thiago fight. I know I'm not alone.
Yeah some saw it as funny, but Anders trying to stand showed a lot of heart.

giphy.gif

Cerrone keeps this level of activity. He had 16 fights in four years from 2013 to 2016. He fought three times last year and will again this year.

Also from Dec 19 2015 to Dec 10 2016 he fought 5 times (RDA, Cowboy Oliveira, Cote, Story, Brown).

Cerrone keeps this level of activity. He had 16 fights in four years from 2013 to 2016. He fought three times last year and will again this year.

Also from Dec 19 2015 to Dec 10 2016 he fought 5 times (RDA, Cowboy Oliveira, Cote, Story, Brown).
Cerrone also fought 6 times between 01/25/2014 and 01/18/2015, but his activity is well documented.

Cerrone also fought 6 times between 01/25/2014 and 01/18/2015, but his activity is well documented.

Yes good catch on the 6. Just answering the question :)

Also Neil Magny fought 5 times in both 2014 and 2015.

Eryk Anders is scheduled to face Elias Theodorou @ UFC 231 (December 8th), which would be his 5th fight in a year.
View attachment 457033

Firas Zahabi recently said on the JRE that he encourages his fighters to only fight twice a year.

I think this has CTE written all over it. What do you guys think? Also, who else is this active?

Well It’s not like Elias can bust a grape with his princess punches

Anders is a very good fighter, very strong and aggressive. Hope he continues doing like that.

Anders is a very good fighter, very strong and aggressive. Hope he continues doing like that.

Hope he keeps losing every second fight because he never leaves enough time for recovery and developing his skills?
That level of activity is not good at all, especially with a brawling fighting style like his.

Back