Errol Spence JR vs Manny Pacquiao Aug.21st PBC FOX PPV

Winner?

• Total voters
Whatever both sides have to do to get this done im sure it will be a massive ppv even if they can't do a live gate , it needs to happen in 2021 probably later in the year but better late than never.
They NEED the live gate and closed circuit to make it profitable

splitting between 2 networks reduces risk, but 70% of the PPV’s will come from traditional buyers and not ESPN+, so that means the cable providers will get their 40% cut of the PPV buys. Plus marketing costs and site fees. Then splitting the buys between 2 networks who will take probably a 10% cut as well.

yes they need the gate and probably 1M+ minimum on buys

Crawford would also get paid far more than he normally does in a fight with Spence, even if he gets the smaller split.
If Spence comes to the negotiations for a Bud fight with a 3rd belt, he's gonna be offered a split he'll never take.
As a non draw, with 1 belt and no defining wins he's never going to be happy with that he thinks he should be offered.

Crawford needs another tune up fight. Maybe he can fight Jeff Horn or Amir Kahn. Oh wait, he already did.
Lol!!!! I think Crawford vs Luis Collazo happens next

Spence should fight Crawford.... winner gets that Pacman paycheck.

<BC1>
Nah, Spence earned the payday, Crawford can enjoy the view from the outside looking in.

As far as some being against it or detracting... Pac just whooped Thruman, I wish he'd retireon that note, but he's still somebody in div because of it. Him and Spence can make money if they want to make money. It might not be the lasting memory we want of Pac, but if he wants the chance and a money fight he's certainly earned his right, and no one in this generation is gonna truly "hurt" Pac. He's either getting caught cold or giving back as good as he gets, he would have annihilated the field back in his day, he'll be fine.

I’d happily watch. Spence most likely beats him up but I’ll be tuning in. Big chance for Spence to get a name on his record and a third belt. If I were him I’d definitely take the fight.

If this happens, the Crawford vs Porter fight needs to be made. Perfect set up to the final clash for all the belts.

Pac has some serious ball's if he takes this and makes Crawford look even more bad for not trying at all to make the best fights.

The Spence that fought Garcia this past weekend would have some problems with Pac, but would ultimately win a UD. I'd rather Pac retire off of the Thurman win.

Spwnce is an unusual WW right now as the average height is super short. It's weird. In the early 80s they were pushing 6 ft,.now they are like 5'6". Spence's 3 decision wins (Garcia, Porter, Garcia) show us that smaller guys have to work real hard to get inside. Pacquiao doesn't have the engine he used to.

Spence will probably get another decision. Spence might have wanted big fights earlier, but his Uncle, Al Haymon, match makes all the WW's to get the most out of their shelf life before letting their career go. There's a reason Danny fought Spence when he did. Danny has been on the downslope for a couple years now. In fact, he never had the same sharpness he had since the Thurman fight. Danny was a pretty safe defense for Spence because Spence is a huge WW (people are ready talking 154 for him....I don't think it goes as well as WW unless he waits out all the 154s to dip) and also because Danny needs his guy to come to him--he doesn't move his feet. He was there all night. Pacquiao has a belt and this is a reasonable unification risk but Pac is 42. He doesn't fight with the high pace he used to. He picks his spots and boxes now. He doesn't shorten up the distance with that startling speed like he used to. Spence can wait on him the whole night. Pacquiao will have some early success, maybe, but Spence will hang back and jab out a decision. They are both southpaw, so that makes it neat. Pac from a decade ago shreds him. One thing about Spence is his one speed jab. Jabs should give different looks. Spence's doesn't. A savvy guy in his prime will pick up on that.

Spence by UD.

Anybody read A Piece of Steak by London. Some of that is just timeless. A lot of it is in this.

Spwnce is an unusual WW right now as the average height is super short. It's weird. In the early 80s they were pushing 6 ft,.now they are like 5'6". Spence's 3 decision wins (Garcia, Porter, Garcia) show us that smaller guys have to work real hard to get inside. Pacquiao doesn't have the engine he used to.

The lack of height at welter is like a weird generational hangover 'cos for a decade everyone & their dog was gravitating to welterweight because it was the money division—like where everyone wanted to chase Leonard & Hagler to middle—to fight the biggest draws in the sport (Oscar & then Mayweather).

The top ten is filled with dudes from lighter weight classes (D. Garcia, Pacquiao, Crawford, M. Garcia), who all moved up chasing a slice of the Money (pun intended) generated by Oscar & Floyd gracing the weight class.

How many of those dudes in the top ten started at welter or thereabouts? Ugas, Spence, Thurman—all the big strapping dudes.

Porter's the anomaly 'cos he is a "welterweight" the size of Gene Fullmer: built like a shot-putter who they deflate during training camp & then reinflate with an IV drip filled with pasta for 36 hours before they get him in the ring, but your answer is: the division is suffering from the aftermath of a decade of dudes who moved up in weight, chasing DLH/Mayweather or at least their ghosts (& the ghosts of the money/name recognition generated in what became boxing's glamour division).

PS: Going deeper, Oscar was a huge star but superfights with Trinidad, Quartey, Whittaker & Mosley at the weight made the division the marquee for American boxing for over a decade. That sorta cultural thing hangs around.

I'm afraid what may happen to Pac... I'm a filipino, and I have Spence winning

Back