Errol Spence JR vs Danny García Nov.21st PBC FOX PPV

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by MMALOPEZ, Sep 29, 2019.

1. CodCommando Brown Belt

Danny also drives like a cunt and likely on coke, but since he hasn't crashed yet, I guess you don't need to call him out on it.

2. deucesarewild Blue Belt

Welp, you're a sharp one.

You really don't get it, but it's pretty easy to pick out fans who head hunt for words they like or don't like about the fighters for which they swoon.

I literally said I am no fan of Garcia. I guess saying that didn't give you enough of an impression that I don't think highly of Garcia.

If two competitors are both thought of with a high degree of disapproval, then I would default to watching the one in the role of the underdog, as that is more compelling. He has to come up with something to overcome that role.

Does that make sense?

Please, in the meantime, as you grapple with the above information, go plead on behalf of more self-absorbed drunk drivers. That's pretty admirable of you.

3. PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

I believe hes full go back in the gym.

Boxiana likes this.
  4. Boxiana Purple Belt

Great news.

PUO3 likes this.
  5. Queen B He / Him / His

Danny gets clipped in sparring

Buddy Revell likes this.
  6. NortheastPhilly Orange Belt

I have cooled on Crawford. Spence actually fights live bodies

7. WklySportsMemes Brown Belt

I wouldn't be surprised if he uses Manny's name to market his next fight.... Then ultimately signs to fight Trout at 147. You heard it here first.

8. Stormtrooper85 Black Belt

9. Buddy Revell Amazon Prime Unboxing Champion

The thing about Danny is he's about as steady a fighter as there is, mentally, physically. Nothing phases him. So if Spence is in any way compromised from the accident Danny WILL capitalize.
    He's already proven he can land the left hook, straight right against lefties (Zab Judah) so he'd connect against Spence. Garcia didn't look dominant against Redkach, but i wouldn't read too much into that as Garcia typically brings out the more cynical side of his opponents. If you don't believe me, go watch Redkach, Lamont Peterson, and Mauricio Herrera's last fight before they fought Danny. Hint: they went from warriors to boxers. Real recognizes real.

PUO3 likes this.
  10. MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

Expected to be announced for the PBC FOX schedule this week

PHATV likes this.
  11. PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Solid analysis.

12. XThe GreatestX Silver Belt

I just don't get it with Danny Garcia. I am sorry i really don't. I think he has some talent and some power

but this dude literally has not looked good against top competition since he fought Matty. whenever the fuck that was. 7 years ago or something?

Looked like shit against Herrera
    Was getting smacked around by Peterson round after round after the first 5 went off with Peterson doing nothing
    Hell, he had some trouble with the Ghost of Robert Guerrero who had gotten his brains beaten in by Thurman the fight before

I didn't find that Thurman fight particularly close. Thurman basically did whatever he wanted until the last 3 rounds. and Danny again threw very little of note

Shawn Porter fucked him up and AGAIN Danny did not throw enough shots, and got outworked, looking pedestrian again.

If you like him you like him. But not my cup of tea, and I imagine this beatdown he gets will be the last time we see him at the tippy top level

Stormtrooper85 likes this.
  13. PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

We must have saw different fights.

14. XThe GreatestX Silver Belt

hrmmm. I gotta disagree here.

This whole "nothing phases him" deal is well and good until it's not. He got outworked by Shawn Porter. He did jackshit in the Thurman fight imo. I know some had it close, but he got smacked around in the first 3-4 rounds and was struggling keeping up, and then was boxed for the next 3-4 before Thurman did the running away deal

I dunno man. I'm not a big Spence fan but I don't think this fight is close.

And can you explain the last point? Your not saying it's a good thing he looked awful against Herrera and got smacked around by Peterson right?

15. XThe GreatestX Silver Belt

or just have different opinions.

that is a possibility also

16. PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Yours is not one Ive seen before, tbh. The vast majority had those are very, very close fights.

17. PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Porter gave all Spence he could handle also.

18. XThe GreatestX Silver Belt

I think there are a few people who agree with me on here from what I remember but I guess it's all up for debate

He did yes. I like Porter

I think my overall thing with Danny is. I understand that he knocked out Khan, and I understand he beat Matty

But when are we going to acknowledge that everytime this guy steps up he either loses, or he barely beats people he is supposed to look good against?

Was Lamont Peterson tough? Yeah. Did great fighters kinda blow him away? Yeah
    Was Mauricio Herrea tough? Yeah. Did great fighters kinda blow him away? Yeah
    Was Robert Guerrero tough? Yeah. Did great fighters kinda beat him easy? Yeah

And it's like. I personally don't think Danny looked good in any of those fights. Just my opinion of course

I personally didn't have either Thurman or Porter fight that close as well. Especially the Thurman fight which I don't get how people scored so close imo

and so it all leads me to the conclusion that Danny is a good fighter. IMO he is not a great fighter. He is the guy that the great fighters beat

hey maybe I am wrong and he ko's Spence in the 1st though and i'll look pretty silly

19. DiarrheaPerlmans White Belt

I think he's good everywhere but not great at any one thing. Would've loved to see him vs Maidana back in the day

20. Buddy Revell Amazon Prime Unboxing Champion

It’ll be close because Errol won’t run and or jab and grab... that’s not him m.o. (but who knows). Not saying Garcia will win, mind you, but if Errol fights his fight Danny will get his shots in. He’s only been made to look bad by jab and grab or punch and running. If Errol let’s his hands go he’s going to be in a fight.

I thought the Herrera fight was razor thin, with Garcia edging it. But I can see how some had Herrera winning. He caught the Garcia with his pants down, made them look bad, and probably won the event. But it though Danny’s aggression, body punching, and Herreras lack of a right hand, ambition really, was the difference.

Similar deal with Peterson. Close fight but ultimately though Garcia deserved the nod. Too much flash from Peterson. Too much gamesmanship (running, holding) and far too little ambition. Made Garcia look bad. Made for a lackluster fight. Didn’t do enough to win.