Errol Spence JR vs Danny García Nov.21st PBC FOX PPV

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by MMALOPEZ, Sep 29, 2019.

1. JayE Red Belt

I'd have had him clearly beating Garcia before the crash, but we don't know how he's going to look coming back from that without any tuneups. It's a big risk.

2. WklySportsMemes Brown Belt

Makes more sense now.

3. cocksure Silver Belt

Was he that hurt? I like to trust he knows what he's doing, very level headed cool cat.

4. NortheastPhilly Orange Belt

If this is true (big if given Mike completely whiffed on last summer's announcement that Danny would face Mikey on PPV) this is one hell of a return matchup for Spence given he'll have been out of the year for a year... and oh by the way he nearly got killed in a car accident.

But if Spence is great like we all thought back when we saw the beginning of his career as a little prospect demolishing guys, he'll find a way to win here.

5. JayE Red Belt

I didn't really follow all the fallout that closely, but I'm pretty sure he went without training at all for a long time. I might be wrong, though.

6. PHATV FREE @RR!!! Platinum Member

Sports

• DAZN
      Video Danny Garcia vs. Errol Spence Jr. tabbed for the fall.
      The Athletic’s Michael Coppinger reports that Danny Garcia & Errol Spence Jr. have agreed in principle to fight in the fall. This bout has no shortage of storylines, including Spence’s return following a horrific car crash and Garcia’s pursuit to remain relevant in the division, Ak & Barak believe this bout has the potential to be fight of the year.

7. MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

8. Buddy Revell Amazon Prime Unboxing Champion

Garcia's got a good shot against Spence for the obvious and mostly already mentioned reasons, but also cause we know that Spence isn't gonna spoil, run, or all of a sudden turn into a cutie against Danny like most of Swifts recent opponents have done. Spence will be at mid-range and inside. He'll fight behind a jab and look to bang the body. won't run or hold. Danny will get his shots in.

Only thing about Swift is that i wonder if he's actually improving skill wise. He's in his physical prime. It's now or never for him

-Magua- likes this.
  9. MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

10. Buddy Revell Amazon Prime Unboxing Champion

Crawford secretly hoping that Danny clears his path to unifying the division?

This fight will look like Danny Garcia’s fight against Lucas Matthysse with Danny playing Lucas to Spence’s DSG.

Danny will come forward all night more or less undeterred and Spence will be patient and fight behind the jab, find the body, make him miss, look to make him pay, and reset. He’ll need to be patient because Garcia won’t be going anywhere and he’ll be dangerous for all 12. He’s not Kell Brook or Mikey.

Aerosol and -Magua- like this.
  11. Stormtrooper85 Black Belt

Have to say if Spence was level headed that accident wouldn't have happened.

I hope he's able to comeback strong as ever but a warm up fight would seem to be the smart choice.

12. svmVR2097 Brown Belt

I don’t think anyone “clearly” beats Danny Garcia but sure.

13. deucesarewild Blue Belt

Safe win for Spence. Garcia is past his best and largely inactive. It'll be a win for a name that's a bit past it. No disrespect to Garcia, but he ain't at his peak any more.

Haymon is really pushing Spence and most the other WW's are past their peak. Christ, Spence is already 30 isn't he?

He better not drive drunk and blow 8 months away from his career. He might kill someone next time....

14. NortheastPhilly Orange Belt

Every time i hear Danny speak he sounds like a good kid but if Spence is what he says he is he shouldn't have trouble with garcia

15. MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

16. Boxiana Purple Belt

Seems wild (and reckless) for Spence to agree to this before he’s even got back into sparring to see how he feels.

Great for us fans, but maybe an overly ballsy move from Spences point of view.

Buddy Revell likes this.
  17. WklySportsMemes Brown Belt

Crazy how he can immediately take a fight like this. While we are still waiting on Crawford to fight anyone relevant/dangerous.

PUO3 likes this.
  18. Buddy Revell Amazon Prime Unboxing Champion

I'll believe Garcia's past his best when i see his knees buckle. He's got all his limbs, a rock hard chin, and those hooks. He doesn't appear to be evolving but he's not backsliding either.

Spence, on the other hand, there's just no way that he's the same fighter post accident. His chin was banged up, jaw rattled, brain scrambled. In a freaking what, 100 mph crash? I'm not saying that he's gonna be a shot fighter but unless he's Bruce Willis in Unbreakable he definitely left at least a small part of his career at the scene of the crash.

Aerosol likes this.
  19. Stormtrooper85 Black Belt

Flew out of the car, tuck n roll. No damage.

Praise Jeebus

Buddy Revell likes this.
  20. deucesarewild Blue Belt

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Garcia fan but I tend to be root for the underdog. It may not be apparent, but it's already there. He may not age as bad as a high pressure fighter (they age the worse from what I know), but I wouldn't be surprised if his timing looks off in his next big fight or two. I saw it a bit in his last night fight.

Edit: I don't know why people (not you here) are heaping sympathy on Spence for being an entitled brat who chose to drive dangerously fast while drunk. If he killed someone with his car I bet some douchebags would still try to pile the sympathy on him.

Buddy Revell likes this.