Errol Spence Jr. - The next big thing, or overhyped?

I don't see any reason to call him overhyped at all. I think he's hyped appropriately for what he's accomplished, which is mowing down everybody they've put in front of him, but still with a lot to prove in order to be mentioned alongside anybody great.

I see Spence as the future MW king. Oscar already has plans to avoid and discredit him.

He is a monster at WW. I don't see anyone beating him whilst he's there. Not even Crawford, though that would be a close fight. Hopefully he'll get the big fights at WW so he can dominate the division.

E is legit. He'll continue to prove that too

Spence looks like the real deal. We'll see where he goes but he seems to be overall just a really sound fighter. He's a big guy and things will be tougher at 154 when he eventually moves up, but right now, I don't see anybody beating him at 147.

My favorite fighter, read somewhere that he took L's vs DG, Robinson and Ali in the ammies. Amazing development over the course though

My favorite fighter, read somewhere that he took L's vs DG, Robinson and Ali in the ammies. Amazing development over the course though

He may have, but he was a pretty dominant amateur on the national stage. It's clear his style is far better suited for the pros, though.

You could maybe argue he was overhyped before the Brook fight, but not after it. Most see him as the best WW in the world at the moment, and that's a completely reasonable position to take.

SPence is by far the best WW and would destroy Crawford. With that said a lot of it has to do with his size and his power. He would be a force at MW if he wanted to be. One has to wonder how much longer he will stay at WW.

lol @ He'd Destroy Bud.

I'm not saying Crawford would have an easy time with him, but that's a compelling and competitive fight IMO.

lol @ He'd Destroy Bud.

I'm not saying Crawford would have an easy time with him, but that's a compelling and competitive fight IMO.
That's a great fight to make if possible

Promotion would be a nightmare though

How could you say he is overhyped if he doesn't have much hype to even begin with lol

One of my favorite fighters right now. He's not as known despite being such a destroyer in the ring.

I'm inclined to believe Errol is about as real as it gets. Total destroyer. Better dfense than given credit for and just destroys men with his his offensive onsluaght. Paced well, methodical. Doesn't force the stoppage, knows it's coming. Don't think we've really seen all he can do, or how far he can go with his tools at hand. Can't wait to see what else comes out of the tool box as his story continues

The boogeyman at 147lbs seems to be Errol. In almost every interview I watch, people are hyping Spence as the next big thing, destined to take out Thurman and Danny Garcia.

He seems like an enormously talented, powerful and humble fighter based on all of his interviews/fights. Considering he rolls with the Charlo brothers and the Lions Only team, he is surprisingly subdued.

Do you think he is the real deal? I would still take Thurman over Spence (and possibly Crawford if he decides to fight at WW), but in a couple of years, I think Spence rules over the division.

He says he wants all the smoke...

Not even Thurman thinks he can beat Spence. I don’t think that fight happens, Crawford defiantly has the balls to challenge Spence

Eventually Spence, charlos, and Canelo will all meet each other at some point. They are all the same age.

Keef was my man at WW but rhe way he turns into a politician at the mention of Spence's name is off-putting.
Errol reminds me of a more offensive Floyd with a superior hook game.. And I love hookers.
We have an exciting crop of WWs, let's hope they share a ring... But this is boxing I'm afraid, so who knows?

Back