Errol Spence in serious condition after car crash.

Most of us haven't driven so f#cked up that we flipped our cars multiple times.
I very much doubt that.

Not defending the action in any way shape or form, but I think people get on their soap box re: DWI without being honest how many times theyve done it themselves.

Amazing news that he is apparently OK after that. Lucky man.

I have no idea if he was drinking or not, but what I do know is that driving a supercar like that with any kind of speed / aggresion requires an extremely high level of driving skill.

He wouldn't be the first to seriously underestimate just how difficult a car like that is to control when you put the gas down.

Anyway, hoping for a speedy recovery.

Glad he's ok but his actions here were deplorable. Anybody walking on that sidewalk or a car coming the other way and it would have been game over.

I very much doubt that.

Not defending the action in any way shape or form, but I think people get on their soap box re: DWI without being honest how many times theyve done it themselves.
i've driven when i probably shouldn't have, but there are levels to this shit. i would've potentially been slightly over the legal limit and paid a fine.

i have never driven when so drunk i could flip my car over. it isn't difficult to avoid, you have a few too many and you call a cab. you don't slip on a banana and end up driving your car completely shitfaced.

even when you're dead sober and not speeding, things can go tits up really quickly. you lose your focus for a second fucking around with the radio and some pedestrian steps onto the road. expecting people not to drive when they're fucked up isn't some holier-than-thou attitude, come on.

edit: and before everyone gets their panties twisted in a knot, i'm not saying errol was shitfaced. i have no clue about what happened here. just following this thread where we're discussing DUI.

Only a few bumps and bruises that's insane.
Hope the brotha learned his lesson, he's got young daughters at home.

Wowzers, to come away from that type of crash relatively unscathed lady luck must have definitely been smiling upon him.

Stay Strong Champ.... We want you healthy for your wingtip kick to the Richard Stem.

I very much doubt that.

You doubt that most of us haven't been so drunk we flipped our cars? Again, there's a difference between being a little buzzed and maybe technically over the limit and being wasted to the point of Nascar like accidents.

Anyway hopefully he learns and luckily nobody was seriously hurt.

I very much doubt that.

Kinda seems like your defending it

Its a stupid move regardless of who does it

You doubt that most of us haven't been so drunk we flipped our cars? Again, there's a difference between being a little buzzed and maybe technically over the limit and being wasted to the point of Nascar like accidents.

Anyway hopefully he learns and luckily nobody was seriously hurt.
He probably was under the influence, but he wouldn’t have needed to get shit faced to flip that car over. There is a pretty harrowing percentage of people dying the day they bought an elite performance vehicle. Think about it, the average sedan most people are driving averages at 160 horses. That Ferrari Spence was driving had about 680 hp, can get from 0 to 60 in 3 seconds and can hit speeds of over 200mph. That car the average drunk is driving is lucky to hit 95mph with the speed limiters installed in modern vehicles (not that it is realistically going much faster than that anyway). All those stats I posted may be a little hard to understand but, the meat of what I’m driving at is this. Spence was driving what is essentially a race car that has been slightly modified to be street legal. You cannot compare him flipping his car over to one of us crashing our old pickup in a ditch because we’re shit faced, it’s like trying to compare a moped to the latest high end crotch rocket. All he would have needed to do is decide, “ the roads clear, let’s see what this bitch can do”, floor the gas and loose control of the car. Alcohol wouldn’t have even been necessary, even though we can surmise that he probably had been drinking.

He probably was under the influence, but he wouldn’t have needed to get shit faced to flip that car over. There is a pretty harrowing percentage of people dying the day they bought an elite performance vehicle. Think about it, the average sedan most people are driving averages at 160 horses. That Ferrari Spence was driving had about 680 hp, can get from 0 to 60 in 3 seconds and can hit speeds of over 200mph. That car the average drunk is driving is lucky to hit 95mph with the speed limiters installed in modern vehicles (not that it is realistically going much faster than that anyway). All those stats I posted may be a little hard to understand but, the meat of what I’m driving at is this. Spence was driving what is essentially a race car that has been slightly modified to be street legal. You cannot compare him flipping his car over to one of us crashing our old pickup in a ditch because we’re shit faced, it’s like trying to compare a moped to the latest high end crotch rocket. All he would have needed to do is decide, “ the roads clear, let’s see what this bitch can do”, floor the gas and loose control of the car. Alcohol wouldn’t have even been necessary, even though we can surmise that he probably had been drinking.

Fair points.

Wow, what a lucky mofo. Sounds like he took more lumps against Porter.

Honestly, there should be performance limits where you have to get a special class of license with actual training. We treat driving as a right in this country and most drivers are horrible. Put one behind the wheel of a Le Mans-ready vehicle and you have a recipe for disaster.

How many fighters have we lost due to driving? Salvador Sanchez in a Porsche donated by Don king, who else?

I’m pretty sure he will fight before Thurman

diego corrales on a motorcycle drinking
ya, said it many, many times, fighters are addicted to high risk behavior, makes them fighters. for every guy that's died, there are probably 10 you could name who came close to it doing the same thing.

Back