Errol Spence 'Fuck Thurman, Never fighting him... Moving to 154 After fighting Manny and Crawford"

J180

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

From what we can see he looks to be in great shape, said sparring has gone well. Went 10 rounds in his first sparring, no set back other than feeling awkward the first time in there again.

I wonder how long before he begins to struggle to make 147, I always thought he’d be at 154 by next year.

It's a shame I don't think Crawford will ever choose to fight Spence.

this is fine, I don't give a shit if Spence fights Thurman. Thurman isn't a threat and is just trying to gas himself up for a paycheck now

I wonder how long before he begins to struggle to make 147, I always thought he’d be at 154 by next year.
Why do people keep saying that. The man is fully developed 30 year old and has been a WW all his life with out missing weight, he's not gonna have a growth spring out of no where.

Why do people keep saying that. The man is fully developed 30 year old and has been a WW all his life with out missing weight, he's not gonna have a growth spring out of no where.
Weight cuts get more difficult with age. Even after growing has stopped.

And the boxing fans are perfectly fine with that. Realistically he probably wont get around to Crawford who is content to rest on his laurels of dethroning the great Jeremy Horn.

I guess a lackluster performance against Lopez and losing to 70 yrs old Pacquiao didn't do any good to Thurman's value. He needs to come back with an exciting win before he gets to fight a name like Spence. I don't think he's done yet.

I guess a lackluster performance against Lopez and losing to 70 yrs old Pacquiao didn't do any good to Thurman's value. He needs to come back with an exciting win before he gets to fight a name like Spence. I don't think he's done yet.
I read this all in my head with Keith's lisp, and it occurs to me that the lisp probably hurts his value in some incremental yet unfair way lol

I read this all in my head with Keith's lisp, and it occurs to me that the lisp probably hurts his value in some incremental yet unfair way lol

He definitely needth to come back with an exthiting win.

Alwayth makes me thuckle.
His whack campaign of big threats and retirement guarantees in the lead up to Manny really irked me. Proceeds to get sat down and outclassed, lol

His whack campaign of big threats and retirement guarantees in the lead up to Manny really irked me. Proceeds to get sat down and outclassed, lol

Absolutely. Keeth is kind of like Wilder, a nice dude who sounds painfully out of his element when he tried to get all tough and macho. Not everybody was born to be Ricardo Mayorga.

That's kind of idiotic. Wilder could have banked on his story of fighting to pay his daughter's medical bills. Keeth could just have stuck to "Oh, they all try too hard to look thcary. Meh, I just beat them up lol."

Lol he ain't fighting Spence at 147. I'm.not sure how he'll look at 154. The fighters start to get bigger there. Not too many lighter guys make that move successfully and for a sustained amount of time (cherrypicking belts aside). I don't know if his style is one that moves up in weight well. Some of those guys that fight big at lighter weights don't have that physicality against bigger fighters. Also, if he couldn't finish Mikey Garcia at 147, how will his power look at a weight class where fighters walk around in shape out of camp at 175 to 180 regularly?

I just don't know. Maybe Spence can't make 147 for much longer, but maybe 154 is too big for him to be a force.

Lol he ain't fighting Spence at 147. I'm.not sure how he'll look at 154. The fighters start to get bigger there. Not too many lighter guys make that move successfully and for a sustained amount of time (cherrypicking belts aside). I don't know if his style is one that moves up in weight well. Some of those guys that fight big at lighter weights don't have that physicality against bigger fighters. Also, if he couldn't finish Mikey Garcia at 147, how will his power look at a weight class where fighters walk around in shape out of camp at 175 to 180 regularly?

I just don't know. Maybe Spence can't make 147 for much longer, but maybe 154 is too big for him to be a force.
Im not convinced he couldnt finish Mikey. I think he boxed the guy he supposedly couldnt outbox.

If he puts Swift away I think hell be just fine at 154. Plus, his style would lend well to not suffering from a weight cut (if he is).

Im not convinced he couldnt finish Mikey. I think he boxed the guy he supposedly couldnt outbox.

If he puts Swift away I think hell be just fine at 154. Plus, his style would lend well to not suffering from a weight cut (if he is).

The cut at 154 or 147? Should be less of a burden on his system moving up. He tends to walk at his guy but I don't know if he'll have the range or physical size at 154. Maybe he'll have a little more mobility not feeling as drained but he might just be who he is at this point having done it for years.

DSG doesn't move and get tagged. This could be a rough out for him. I actually like Danny's chance against Pacquiao more than I do Spence. Danny is also in the downside of his peak so the time might be right for Spence to get him.

It will be neat to see. Time will tell.

Yeah Thurman needs a good win or two for people to see him as being at the top level again.

Back