Errol Spence - 190lbs

Wanderlei4Life

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
“I feel like my car accident was the wake-up call from God, telling me to really focus and, you know, bite down and re-focus on what’s going on,” Spence said. “And I feel like I wasn’t as focused as I am now. It’s kind of like from the Kell Brook fight or before that, like how focused I am now. I feel like I’m really trying to put my all into it because I’ve got a lot of stuff to prove people wrong.

The 2012 U.S. Olympian’s accident happened a week and a half after Spence edged Shawn Porter by split decision in their 12-round welterweight title unification fight September 28 at Staples Center in Los Angeles. Spence revealed to Flores that his lack of discipline between bouts contributed to him reaching roughly 190 pounds, 43 above the welterweight limit, before he began training for the Porter fight.

“Even [before] the Shawn Porter fight,” Spence said, “I was blowing up to like – Shawn Porter and the Mikey Garcia fight. Matter of fact, the Mikey Garcia fight, the day of the weigh-ins I had to sit in a sauna for like two hours. I didn’t sweat, and I had a sauna bag on and everything, and I didn’t sweat until like probably an hour [after] being in the sauna. And I didn’t sweat at all. Even [before] the Shawn Porter fight, I had blown up to like 190 or something like that. And then, you know, had to lose it all and then killing myself to make weight.”

“Just getting too comfortable,” Spence said. “Getting too comfortable. Getting way too comfortable. Eating a lot. I think Marvin Hagler was the one that said it’s hard to get up, you know, when you’re sleeping in silk sheets.”

read the entire article here

https://www.boxingscene.com/spence-...-148137?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I think he's going to need to go to 154 soon. Hopefully him and Crawford fight before then.

That’s Hatton-esque buffet grazing at its best.

I think he's going to need to go to 154 soon. Hopefully him and Crawford fight before then.
Crawford will be there before too long, Teixeira is like the only name he has he can really fight on the top rank side.

He's in a weird situation where he's clearly big for 147 but I think he would be a bit undersized at 147 though. I know he walks around really heavy but I feel like a lot of that is due to lack of discipline, because his frame is really not that big. When he fought Kell Brook for instance Kell was actually a little bigger and stronger than Spence, yet Kell is a little small for 154 and I don't see him ever being dominant at that weight

you guys do understand that he's talking about getting fat between camps, right?

this isn't about cutting weight for the fight, it's about losing weight during the camp. now granted, it isn't the healthiest habit in the world either, but it's not like he's 190 two days before the weigh-ins.

he can stay at 147 for as long as he wants, he never struck me like a particularly big welterweight. i mean he's not small, obviously, but not huge either.

you guys do understand that he's talking about getting fat between camps, right?

this isn't about cutting weight for the fight, it's about losing weight during the camp. now granted, it isn't the healthiest habit in the world either, but it's not like he's 190 two days before the weigh-ins.

he can stay at 147 for as long as he wants, he never struck me like a particularly big welterweight. i mean he's not small, obviously, but not huge either.

Everyone knows. 190 between camps is a lot. Losing 43 lbs to make 147 is a lot.

Well he talks about being in the sauna with a suit for over an hour without sweating before the Porter fight, it will be interesting if he tries to lose mass.

Really? I thought he was on the bigger side of 147lbs.

Maybe I'm confusing height and mass.

Same day weigh-ins. Let this guy fight at super middleweight, where he belongs.

Or hey, stay at 190 at fight at cruiser.

Isn't Spence one of @RR fighters... would love to hear from him on this.
Would love to hear from him on a lot of things. I forget it's even under my av these days. A travesty for the boxing forum, though. ProBoxingInsider as well.

I really don’t understand how these seemingly tiny fighters weigh so much. Spence at 190, Crawford at 177 and lean. I mean, one is 5’8 and the other one is 5’9 and a half and not heavily muscled at all. Neither one looks above a buck 50 to me. Do fighters just have a more dense bone structure or are they lying? There are bodybuilders that are 5’8 and 177 at Crawford’s body fat and look absolutely massive.

Back