Erik Perez: The New Roger Huerta

Perez may get his own Perez Island similar to Bisping

Well they were supposed to fight before, but Perez fought someone else (forgot who), then he fought Bloodworth after he won anyway.

Oh ok. Fight should not have been rescheduled imo. I like Perez's killer instinct and I hope he gets a step up in competition. UFC is obviously trying to build him up and he is very young so it's not necessary to shoot him up the rankings, but I hope they don't give him another sacrificial lamb lol

The fight was good and everything, but how on earth does it come after Guillard-Varner on the card?

The prelims are about grabbing viewers they probably wanted the Varner Guillard fight early.

I was thinking the same exact thing. I expect the UFC to start marketing this guy much more, I wouldn't be surprised if he got a title shot in his next three fights.

Anybody remember Winslow's stoppage for Perez's first UFC fight?

It kind of irritates me that they keep saying he finished his first 3 opponents in the UFC now considering that incident.

They will try to build him up with fights against newcomers or average fighters to get some of the hispanic demographic. He looks pretty good though, I am impressed.
As cynical as you sound, I tend to agree. I hate the business-bias of the UFC.

Unlike Huerta, Perez comes off as an extremely likeable guy.

Perez finishing fights yet again, the guy's a beast, stop hating.

I don't see the comparison. Roger wasn't as young as Erik nor did he finished his fights like Erik did.

Back