Erik Perez: The New Roger Huerta

They will try to build him up with fights against newcomers or average fighters to get some of the hispanic demographic. He looks pretty good though, I am impressed.

BJ Penn is Mexican. Well, he does like his burritos.

Except, Perez is Mexican and not Mexican-American. Roger has that crossover appeal right away.

The fight was good and everything, but how on earth does it come after Guillard-Varner on the card?

Was Bloodworth a late replacement? 0-1 fighter coming off a year layoff should not have been fighting a guy who is 2-0 with 2 finishes....

They will try to build him up with fights against newcomers or average fighters to get some of the hispanic demographic. He looks pretty good though, I am impressed.

But can he save a drowning woman and beat up a 240lbs Texas Longhorn linebacker who hit a woman? Its those moments in which Huerta shines.

Was Bloodworth a late replacement? 0-1 fighter coming off a year layoff should not have been fighting a guy who is 2-0 with 2 finishes....

Well they were supposed to fight before, but Perez fought someone else (forgot who), then he fought Bloodworth after he won anyway.

Hopefully he isnt a moron like Huerta

Dont think that counts as fighter bashing, I think we can all agree that what Huerta did was really really dumb.

They should let him fight with the mask on like that dude who fought Cro-cop in Pride. Would be bad ass

Perez vs. the loser of Jorgensen vs. Wineland sounds good to me.

Back