Erik Morales hangs em up

Erik is my favorite fighter. A true legend and I wish him all the best.

Definitely one of the greatest to come from Mexico, his bouts against Barrera/Pacquiao are some of the best ever.

No point in continuing to ruin his legendary career by fighting past his prime.

Agree it was time for Morales to hang up the gloves.

He was cheapening his legacy from being the guy who accomplished all he did at the lower weights, to being a guy who gives prospects a good fight.

El terrible a legend with one of the best jabs and heart for the little guys.

Still mad we never saw morales vs Jmm once!

Yup loved his jab. David Diaz said it best "He has a beautiful jab...you can see from my eye." That jab was laser guided.

He is supposed to come here to the HOF. I can't wait to congratulate him.

in the first fight with garcia he was doing some thangs i was like thats right erik you show em! old man power!

the second fight i dont like to think about so much

Morales was successful in a lot more spots than he should've been against Garcia. The guy is a legend.

Morales was successful in a lot more spots than he should've been against Garcia. The guy is a legend.

Dude even I thought that he was gonna get seriously hurt in the Maidana fight. And after the first round I thought it was happening cuz his eye was starting to close but Morales came back and even hurt Maidana a bunch of times. Morales won that fight in my eyes. If he hadnt been in so many wars he'd be fighting into his 40's like Hopkins or Marquez. Warriors gonna be Warriors though. Thanks for the memories Erik Morales!

in the first fight with garcia he was doing some thangs i was like thats right erik you show em! old man power!

the second fight i dont like to think about so much

I have nightmares about that KO... I literally yelled "nooooooooooooo!!"

barrera i always liked but he always said some uncalled for shit in regards to morales that made me root for him that much harder

barrera i always liked but he always said some uncalled for shit in regards to morales that made me root for him that much harder

Lol they both said some fucked up shit to each other.

A warrior, loved to watch him fight.

Dude even I thought that he was gonna get seriously hurt in the Maidana fight. And after the first round I thought it was happening cuz his eye was starting to close but Morales came back and even hurt Maidana a bunch of times. Morales won that fight in my eyes. If he hadnt been in so many wars he'd be fighting into his 40's like Hopkins or Marquez. Warriors gonna be Warriors though. Thanks for the memories Erik Morales!

The fact that he got hit so much shows he isn't good enough to be fighting into his 40s.

A true badass
Definitely one of the toughest boxers ever,
a true Mexican boxer

Love him

Hell Yea Morales is a badass...Thats how he'll be remembered. One of the greatest Mexican fighters of all time. My personal favorite actually, that fight with Maidana had me jumping out of my seat!

I swear I saw the thread title and before I ever even started reading the article I was thinking "Morales was always such a badass".
I scrolled down and the first two replies.
:icon_lol:
I would say great minds think alike and all that good stuff, but I really just had to note that it cracked me up for real.

To Morales? Enjoy your retirement, Champ. You sure earned it.

Back