Erik Morales hangs em up

Seano

Hands of bone
@plutonium
Reaction score
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=78610
Erik Morales has announced his retirement, forgoing his plans of having a farewell fight before hanging up his gloves for good, according to a report by Salvador Rodriguez of ESPNDeportes.com.

Morales had stepped away from the sport once before, after his August 2007 loss to David Diaz, a defeat that had marked four losses in a row, including two to Manny Pacquiao and one to Zahir Raheem.

At the time, he cited a ringing in his head when Diaz hit him.

Morales

A true badass
Definitely one of the toughest boxers ever,
a true Mexican boxer

Love him

Hell Yea Morales is a badass...Thats how he'll be remembered. One of the greatest Mexican fighters of all time. My personal favorite actually, that fight with Maidana had me jumping out of my seat!

I wish him and his family all the best. I hope he's done right with his money and can live out his days comfortably.

Fairwell Champ. Thanks for the Memories.

[Yt]gCwYCK_99hQ[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Respect to him. He put on some amazing fights, win or lose.

He gave us some great shows.

didn't TamTam once call Morales a washed up taco or was that Barrera

Always preferred him to Barrera, war Morales.

El terrible a legend with one of the best jabs and heart for the little guys.

Still mad we never saw morales vs Jmm once!

one of my fav fighters ever

I will attend his induction. Honor to watch him fight

AWESOME FIGHTER !! Always fun to watch!

That's great news. I don't want to see him giving lesser fighters his name on their resume.

Absolute Legend.

Gave us many great fights. Hope he finds joy and meaning in whatever he does next.

I hope El terrible keeps his hands in the boxing industry. San Diego and Tijuana have a huge boxing scene. I know he is respected by all in TJ from the cartels to the paupers and all in between. I am happy and hope he stays permanently retired.

Back